Question to admin

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Question to admin

Post by WhoAmI »

Admin, why can't I use zzz-odi.pak or Evil_Quad_v2. He throws me out of the game because of unclean client?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Question to admin

Post by adminless »

I just don't know but probably it seems to me because you're not using the ones provided at the ftp folder here but another different ones (he provided plenty of different versions) or may be because you also modified it in some way. only the files provided there are added to the clean database so to rule out file mismatches I'd suggest you to delete everything (including your personal folder typically at C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Quake3) and re-install everything just from here and then let me know if still something didn't work out.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I have installed clean quake and mod unfreeze again. Then I put odi.pk3 into the unfreeze and won't let me on the server.

To sum up, I've been doing this for a month. I only use ZZZ-models but this red color scares me.

Screen:
https://files.fm/u/bz728ahc
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmm I just deleted everything now and tested this myself and yes you right that odi pak was not actually working. turns out I had missed to save some changes when I added it and therefore it wasn't working. I just corrected that now so I hope that tomorrow it should be working then let me know otherwise. I sincerely apologize for this incident.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I downloaded Evil_Quad_v2 and zzz-odi-pak again. They do not work all. Still
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

then this time you gonna be doing something else wrong because I just tried now both files and they worked for me. may be the problem is on the specific engine you're using to run the game, try running the game from the provided ioq3v6 binaries. also it may be possible that on the baseq3 folder you have something else interfiring. and last but not least like I told you, it may also be possible that you have something else installed on your local folder (C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Quake3). then please check those things and let me know. specificaly check that on your baseq3 folder you only have the original unmodified Quake III Arena paks (from 0 to 8, no pak9.pk3 for example which is usual) and preferabely just wipeout your local Quake3 folder. additionaly to be on the safe side run the game from the tested binaries (ioq3v6). like I said it just worked for me (verified as of now) so it has to work for you.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ah and btw also if at some point you got the temporal zzz-grenade.pk3 fix I posted at other thread please re-download it (or delete it) as I changed it the other day since there was a issue with some engines on the original. may be that's the root of the problem.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw also checked your history now and I can comfirm you that the fancy engine is (or at least it was I mean as of now I can't assure the future) capable of giving clean status whcih means also with total certainity that your problem is that you either have something else installed and didn't even notice/find or some messy version of the files. hope that helps.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I will check everything again. I just need a link to download the clean version of quake3 :D
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I am starting the game with quake3e.x64. with ioq3v6 the game never worked.

But everything is ok. I can join the server.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmm not that it matters but that's rare, tried the low end ioq3v6 build to see if it worked on your hardware?

anyways happy to hear you finally got your installment sorted out with the verified server files.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

ioq3v6 - error
ioq3v6-intel - error
ioq3v6-lowend - error

Only quake3e.x64 works.

Once again I tried to start ioq3v6-amd probably. Although I have AMD on this old computer, it also doesn't work.

In any case, soon I will have a new PC so it is not important.

Off topic.
As you probably noticed, I still have lags. This is not caused by a program / virus. After the computer format is the same. So I have a question. Could mod unlagged help with minilags? Can I talk about it in this topic, or create a separate topic?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

not really, as far as I think that we finally understood, your lag is primarily due some sort of rural WiMAX or similar network coverage, there's no much else I can do about that, sorry. ok, I guess you have some of the early Athlon/Athlon xp from the mid 2000's or something like that then.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Yes. This is WiMAX internet. But I don't live in the countryside. This is ridiculous. I live in the city. Not in the center but in the city's estates. The street next to it has an optical fiber. My not.. It's very funny. In the city, I could use cable internet without a problem, for example 100 mb/s. I also have the option of connecting the internet using a telephone cable. But these lines are very old. The bandwidth is up to 10 Mb/s and they are not stable. They will not create new ones because nobody even uses a landline phone anymore. Optical fiber will appear on my street by the end of 2020. And it is funny that I will be the last. My internet provider theoretically claims that I shouldn't have any problems because they are fine...

Every few minutes. Sometimes even every minute I have a mini delay. They are small but very TERRIBLE in Quake :D They destroy the game very much. On the server where I played with Miroslav, they were even bigger.
On your unfreeze they are smaller. On exy servers it's even smaller. Your server also has no shooting delay. Like in Quake Live. This is a benefit for me.
On other EXY servers, these minilags are smaller. Probably because it's unlagged servers. Of course I still have these lags but they are not so noticeable. In new games, for example in Quake Champions, I won't notice them at all.
Of course there are but I will not feel them in my game
Also on OSP servers and during mini-lags, shooting with LG is terrible. That's why I rarely use this great weapon. As a good player I should use it but unfortunately. In Quake Live, these mini lags are also less noticeable. I don't feel them like this. Also, when I played Quake Live I had the same internet. Lower speed. But I didn't have these mini lags. I rarely got lag at all. Now I have more of them ...

So good. I will not despair :D I manage somehow in the game

I can show in the picture below my receiver / antenna and their antenna. I also don't understand why such unstable internet work.

https://files.fm/u/5sqkb8vh
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes I understand and I also understand that WiMAX should be a viable option for your situation. look, the thing is that as you might guess I have no first hand experience setting up WiMAX links so I don't really know what configuration possibilities you have at your disposal. to my knowledge you should be looking forward setting up a rtPS (Real Time Pooling Service) qos (Quality of Service) policy on your WiMAX link for the game (in this case Quake III Arena) traffic. that's the theory I know, now how to accomplish that in the real life and furthermore now how that even do on real life, I'm not so sure about it.

so things I'd suggest you, may be you should start by contacting your isp and ask them about that rtPS qos policy. likely the guy on the front won't even know what you talking about and will try to sell you a upgrade instead but may be he does so whatever the case is you won't lose anything then give it a try. also I don't know if the antenna on the photo has a ip and a interface that you can access to configure stuff yourself. if so I'd suggest to look for that kind of qos thing and overall I'd also suggest you to set the lowest frequency possible for the connection as they typically provide less bandwidth but more stability. also if the antenna itself is not accessible look for stuff at your customer panel sometimes you can manage this kind of things from there.

anyways in addition I also set up some new 5060 and 5061 ports respectively for the UnFreeZe/FreeFUn servers so you may try connecting to them (ex: \connect 85.10.203.89:5060) also from the 5060 or 5061 ports of your client (launch the client with the +set net_port 5060 command line argument directly from the shell or via a shortcut) and may be that would trigger the appropriate qos policy already. I'm really curious about that so give it a try and let me know if that made any difference for you.