Name bug

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Evil Quad

Name bug

Post by Evil Quad »

Its some kinda of bug with names with space or even no space its rename after join to server to UnnamedPlayer
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Name bug

Post by adminless »

hello

it's no bug, it's normal intended correct behavior just in a basic effort to prevent rogue/misleading and/or broken nicks. beside the registered nicks (including their basic squats, ex. Miroslav will effectively render unusable for example mIrOsLaV, miroslavA, miroslavO, _miroslav_ etc etc and regardless of the color) there's also various disallowed characters combinations. from the main forum page faq:
-now my nick does not work anymore, how is that?

well, first of all consider that the nicks supported here are plain Quake III Arena style nicks so there's no support for any other mods fancy alike nicks, keep that in mind. besides that for security reasons nicks can not start with a space neither end in a space or a circumflex or a comma nor have any consecutive spaces or commas and must be unique and not exceed 35 characters of length including any in-game coding. in addition know that there's also a bunch of registered as well as forbidden nicks.
and on top of that don't forget that whoever pretend to go any longer to mess with the nicks is subject of immediate ban (not that I mean it for you but just dropping that on the public forum in case someone is thinking in trying to exploit something I was unable to foreseen).
Evil Quad

Post by Evil Quad »

hmmm its worked now doesnt okey i will start play on my old name odi thx for fast answer.
Evil Quad

Post by Evil Quad »

hmmmmn and now its worked can u reigster it for me ^1Evil ^5Quad i have same ip all the time and will have it thx have a good day and much love life :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I was precisely writing you that now, your regular "Evil Quad" nick is just fine you can keep using it if you want. probably you just entered two spaces in between or a extra space at the beginning/end and you didn't even notice (hence some of the reasons why they aren't allowed, to prevent people tricking others) and that's why that time it didn't work.

and yes it's np I can register that nick at the server if you want but for you to be able to use I need to send you privately the instructions to use it. if you don't want to re-login on your odi account here just for this you can simply send me a mail address to contact you on the forum contact form (here) and I'll write you there.

PS: I'm not life for other than testing/randomized trials and similar development work I'm not even allowed to join the servers (I have effectively a level 2, 3 layers ban on myself to prevent any sort of accidental connection whats-o-ever when my presence is not strictly required) so stop always running to that poor life guy with server issues he has nothing to do with hahaha this is the only way to contact me.
Evil Quad

Post by Evil Quad »

Okey i lost my passsword to account on unfreeze send me e-mail gwidon.w@outlook.com thx m8
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, just sent you there the instructions now.