Improving Unfreeze

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Re: Improving Unfreeze

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

What you see in that demo for grenade use is pretty standard gameplay on the server during busy times these days. It gets much better / cleaner when there are less users.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

but damn that wasn't what I had in mind. like I said at the other thread about the grenades, there's more to this than just game data analysis, like actual battle contexts, maps, situations and the overall combined output of the room that adds up. in none of the synthetic analysis surfaced such a issue and neither in any of the random trials I conducted and the feedback I received about it was either incomplete or inconsistent. if nobody shows me it's hard for me tell and yes unfortunately under some situations this fucked up badly, I sincerely apologize about that.

anyways I just cut yesterday in half the grenades and removed them form the maps and I think that definitively alleviate to some extend the issue. as some of the spammers voiced themselves this was something that was already happening only that this amplified it but I even have the suspect that it could have been already happened even without changing anything although probably not to this extend. then let me know how it's doing.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

I would say last night was much better for grenade spam while I played. There was still a little at the usual spots, but it was funny to read how players noticed right away that there are only ten now :-D ...and generally I've been spammed much less, so I think the changes are effective.

Thanks!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Grenades gone takes fun out of game , I mean after all it's just a game? Cutting to 19 is good I like the mega in some places

Need grenades atleast 10000 pretty please?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

this has already been discussed long and I think that this is no longer subject of discussion by now, what you see on the tar demo is not a "game" and it's definitively not "fun", it's just plain idiotic. the same way it's nor the intention with the server to have some veterans casually raping randoms and noobs like 40, 50 or 60 at -7, -6 or may be even -5 with some luck at best game after game neither it's to have randoms and noobs spamming to death for no good reason guys actually only trying to pull off a game. that's not fair play or any sort of "balance", that's ruining the game for everybody. so yes initially I added the grenades changes to make it more competitive and overall balanced, and that was doing good, but it was unfortunately thanks to guys like you (among others of course but also thanks to you too that came out number seven on spam per spawn at the 30 of October of 2019 rank) that actually abused them instead of making a fair and good use of them that the grenades had to be cut to values of those of the standard peak room value.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

dude you far to serious , 900 grenades will do ;0
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

but on a side note having less does make me fire the odd one here and there which is also usefull

how about me and 50 bots against you?