Grenadgun?

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Grenadgun?

Post by adminless »

ok and while we're at this we can also calculate now the spam relative to the spawns, here's the other top of the shame as of 30 of October of 2019:

Code: Select all

+----+----------------+-------+--------+----------+
| #  | player         | shots | deaths | spam eff |
|  1 | A.             |  2324 |    143 |    16.25 |
|  2 | Niko           | 11773 |   1006 |    11.70 |
|  3 | IDDQD          |  3221 |    286 |    11.26 |
|  4 | :>             |  1673 |    149 |    11.23 |
|  5 | Stefy          |  1216 |    113 |    10.76 |
|  6 | *              |  1428 |    138 |    10.35 |
|  7 | PacMan         |  4557 |    485 |     9.40 |
|  8 | barunz!        |  1975 |    211 |     9.36 |
|  9 | Dvinci         |  6113 |    688 |     8.89 |
| 10 | {BLACK}Dii     |  7624 |    864 |     8.82 |
| 11 | POORCOIDDIOOO  |  4477 |    533 |     8.40 |
| 12 | Corb           |  1955 |    233 |     8.39 |
| 13 | OneT           |  8642 |   1070 |     8.08 |
| 14 | mohawk         |  7214 |    904 |     7.98 |
| 15 | GrAbaRz[CM-PL] |  2619 |    330 |     7.94 |
| 16 | .WhoAmI?!      |  8383 |   1064 |     7.88 |
| 17 | Leonid63RUS    | 17542 |   2242 |     7.82 |
| 18 | nina           |  1789 |    231 |     7.74 |
| 19 | Easy frag      |  4862 |    640 |     7.60 |
| 20 | Pizdukas       |  8008 |   1077 |     7.44 |
oh and guess what? in number 1 with more than a 35% of advantage over the second for a outstanding total of more than 16 nades dropped per spawn, drum roll, trrrr trrrr tchan out dear mr pure quake form duelist A. I mean, wtf?! this dude is virtually emptying his gl every single damn time he spawns and he even comes here to diss the settings and brag about competition and duels?! come on, don't waste my time and quit with the non sense.

at least this time let's be fair and acknowledge that the intial reporter (Amdoro) did better here and he didn't pop out and also for the rest peaking at 10 nades per spawn more or less might be like a reasonable limit.

well I think that this is it with the reports.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

@adminless

i love your statistics :-)

best,
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hahaha ok ok then you're going to love this even more, as a bonus and to conclude with this combining both previous tables you can get the rank for the absolute worst spammer as of 30 of October of 2019:

+----+---------------+-------+----------+-----------+--------+
| #  | worst spammer | games | spam eff | spam rate | points |
|  1 | Niko          |    76 |    11.70 |    154.91 |     39 |
|  2 | IDDQD         |    22 |    11.26 |    146.41 |     37 |
|  3 | A.            |    22 |    16.25 |    105.64 |     33 |
|  4 | barunz!       |    14 |     9.36 |    141.07 |     31 |
|  5 | Dvinci        |    54 |     8.89 |    113.20 |     27 |
|  6 | OneT          |    68 |     8.08 |    127.09 |     25 |
|  7 | mohawk        |    59 |     7.98 |    122.27 |     23 |
|  8 | {BLACK}Dii    |    75 |     8.82 |    101.65 |     22 |
|  9 | POORCOIDDIOOO |    44 |     8.40 |    101.75 |     22 |
| 10 | PacMan        |    56 |     9.40 |     81.38 |     18 |
so as conclusion about the grenade settings after dig the stats, cross data and run some randomized trials I think that beside some of the guys on these ranks and another possible exception they are doing good and they are enhancing the game overall. in the own words of the top 3 spammer here, mr A., it seems like now the grenades are worth for something other than just randomly drop them over the map without sense and the rank skill distribution seems more uniform now. I don't really see that much of a issue and I would even expect any eventual spam spike to subside as the topic cools down within some time.

now as for the ugly spammers themselves, well, like I said I'm not gonna start throwing bans right now based on blind statistical analysis of people's games, that's no good, there's more than just numbers, like situations, contexts, maps etc etc but this will definitively account and will be considered in the event of future reports. anyways like I said one thing is clear, as can be seen on the worst spammers rank other than barunz! which apparently barely plays here and that POORCOIDDIOOO that likely it's some one else fake nicking (may be I dig at a later time) the rest are all well known regular players so don't put the blame of the spam on the "noobs" and the "randoms".

then bottom line, in my opinion the top 4 of that rank are eventually worth a temp ban at least at some point. I think that baraunz! is a lesser problem (he plays here what? a couple of games a week?) but if some of you spot that Niko, IDDQD and/or A. viciously spamming nades without sense all over the place specially the last while blaming someone else for his own spam feel free to report it here. for the rest values like that of {BLACK}Dii for example that are around the average in that rank, although definitively high and bad, are even arguably acceptable, 8 nades per spawn is about the legit value for .WhoAmI?! and around 100 nades per game is the arguably acceptable value for the initial reporter of this himself. way beyond that (like on that top 4) I think that, yes, is overkill so you also have to understand that this is a all weapons server and that obviously in a 11 versus 11 game the numbers stack up.

well and that's it for this.

UPDATE: turns out that barunz! is that POORCOIDDIOOO too so most of this issue comes to players Niko, IDDQD and some of the reporters himself A.
A .

Post by A . »

well yes i admit i use it a lot, because it is very effective against mass enemies. but i hate myself for doing it. I feel like an asshole doing it. which is why i would like you to remove it rofl :D
A .

Post by A . »

btw. i didnt dis anything. i said from the beginning that i dont really care but other regulars seem to be upset. and i also said that its your server and you can do what you want. i voiced my opinion. you really should not come on me like that imo. like i said. if i take it serious i will go back into duelling which is something you can actually take serious.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

other regulars may be upset? mmmm yes let me see it won't be perhaps because you, yourself, spammed them to death? look don't waste any more of my time with non sense, you came here dissing some settings and on top of that you even falsely accused randoms and noobs for a spam you generated yourself but you got exposed badly and now is your time to take the blame for this mess, wtf were you expecting?! a standing ovation?! are you kidding me, you did it wrong here, you wasted my time with a non-sense complain and you upset lot of people and you can not just get away with that so what do you want now? a ban so you have the peace of mind of knowing that you won't be allowed to come here again to feel so terribly bad spamming us to death? if you would feel so terrible about it as you say you do you wouldn't have do it in the first place.
Niko
User lv1
User lv1

Post by Niko »

Dear adminless,
I think that the increase in grenade gun speed is not the best improvement for this server. According statistics, I'm the main spammer grenade gun))
I always used grenade gun in my game tactics (before speed increase). If dont use it as a "spam weapon" on the maps then how to use it?
Before the innovation, there were no problems with grenade gun.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes after game analysis you came on top as number one grenade spammer and you should definitively tune it down because if people start to complain/report you I'll have no choice but to ban you. I'm not saying that the gl is a main weapon, though seasoned cpm players could talk you about vicious gren-rocket combos, or that people shouldn't spam it at all but definitively there's a difference between dropping some grenades to deny a entry to a room or defend a area or attack a large group of enemies and dropping +150 grenades per game.
Niko
User lv1
User lv1

Post by Niko »

Ok, I understood.
I will only use rail + rockets on this server. You can remove all weapons from the game and leave only 3 weapons (Rail, Rocket+lighting) and all pro players will be happy. I think that it is necessary to reduce the speed of the grenade, and the "granade spam" issue will be decided on its own.
Best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

lol I'm starting to get the impression that the own grenade spammers here don't really like these settings to not stand out and that way the rest of the room let you continue spamming in peace. game analysis points in the direction that these settings improve the gl effectiveness and result in better balance overall and in reality all the grenade spam issue is mainly just coming from a handful of sources and apparently it would come anyways regardless of the settings. 90% (or more) of the people do a fair and reasonable use of the weapon. so, no, I won't change it back and I won't remove it either as this is a all weapons server.
A .

Post by A . »

dude ahm, you have to chill the fuck out. please...
A .

Post by A . »

i used the grens not only to spam. i use them in smart ways also. I always try to be smart about my weapons choices. when you play against a lot of opponents sometimes it is advantegeous to spam narrow entries. people typically appear in bunches, so this can be very effective to block them. like on dm7 and dm14. having said all that i usually prefer to play on unfreeze2 where there are games 4v4 to 6v6 where there are some tactics. on the main server spamming is usually a good tactic because its overcrowded anyway. imo both servers should be max 12 to 14 slots and most good players agree with me here also. but i guess you're not gonna listen to me anymore anway. because i spammed some grens. well i took advantage of an obvious imbalance that exists and yes i abused it. I dont feel shame. i do whatever puts me in the winning team.

also i said from the very beginning that i like to spam grens myself. so it should not be a surprise.

and please dont take offense so quickly. jesus fucking christ. i thought we were cool.

i guess i somehow triggered you. i apologize.

one thing for sure: i will never bring up anything here ever again.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

you didn't trigger me or anything, you came here to lie and you attempted to exploit the game and put the blame for that on someone else and you made a lot of people angry by that and I don't put up with that. it's only part of my duty here to put random rogue guys like you in their place. there's nothing really smart about lying and attempting to exploit a game to get an advantage. in reality that only shows your insecurity about your own skill and your total lack of brains and worth by putting the blame for that on some else. so you say you did what? you did nothing my friend, you're currently ranked 124 with a skill of 1250.2 and averaging 7.59 kills per game, it doesn't matter how you look at it, your stats are weak af so get your facts straight before posting here again.

ok, and now with what other new bullshit you come? if by "imo both servers should be max 12 to 14 slots and most good players agree with me here also" you mean this:

A.: gren noobs lost :(
A.: as it should be
A.: shit the green slime takes foever to kill you
A.: <3
A.: lol
A.: :(
^1^^0Princess: A...
A.: who was that
^1^^0Princess: piu
A.: p did you see?
A.: trying :(
^1^^0Princess: nope
A.: not really mnotivated
A.: with this gren shit
A.: piu <3
A.: ok
^1^^0Princess: if this wasnt the only server left in the wordl, nobody would play here
^1^^0Princess: too many faults
A.: hehe p
^1^^0Princess: first, small maps with too many players
^1^^0Princess: oops i did it again :D
A.: well
A.: the gren thing is main problem now
^rUR MOM NUUBI: maybe u r just too fat for maps
^1^^0Princess: second: moron autobalance
A.: ur mom :(
^1^^0Princess: third: grenades
poekie: YUP
^rUR MOM NUUBI: lel look at forum, theres debate :D
poekie: I'D personally have max 16 players or so
A.: yes
^1^^0Princess: i dont care about forum debates :D
A.: 16 players absolute max
^1^^0Princess: life's too short
A.: princess
poekie: this is usually just crazy spamming
^rUR MOM NUUBI: ly your peen!
^rUR MOM NUUBI: like
poekie: too much luck, bad spawns etc
poekie: grenades are ridiculous now
poekie: NORMALLY I HATE THEM
poekie: but now, it's... just enraging
^rUR MOM NUUBI: go at forum und say so, adminless takes it into consideration apparently to maybe change it
A.: sometimes it can be funny
A.: but mostly its destructive to the game
poekie: with this many players so much just relies on luck
A.: allready a lot of luck
^1^^0Princess: maps like dm6 or dm7 should be 4v4 or 5v5 max
A.: now a lot of stupid mass fights
poekie: agree
A.: well p what are yu gonna do tho
A.: kick players?
poekie: hehe
A.: dm7 can be 6 vs 6
^1^^0Princess: with these grenades 10v10 is not gaming. it is idiotic
A.: yes ofc
poekie: fully agree man
A.: but maybe hmm
A.: there could be 16 slots server
A.: with big maps
A.: and 10 slot server with smaller maps or sth
A.: sometimes you actually have competitive games on like the other server
^rUR MOM NUUBI: yeah but! i mean look at how often there are people on the secondary server...
^1^^0Princess: i mostly play here on weekend mornings... nice 3v3 or 4v4 games
A.: yes p
A.: you have to find the right times
A.: ur mom
A.: i usually go to the 2nd server first
A.: see if somebody is there
A.: then i come here
poekie: and i always to prefer default settings, no tweaks on guns. it messes up mu duel skills for normal games
^1^^0Princess: i prefer games where some planning and tactics make sense. will be back later when less players present. bb :)
A.: bb p
^rUR MOM NUUBI: i am now on nuubi team -_-
A.: alel
A.: actually something to make it really fun imo
A.: rofl ur mom
A.: limit gren ammo to 5 and rocket ammo to 10 from spawn
A.: so noobs cant spam the fuck all the time
A.: bb b
A.: <3
well let me tell you something, those weren't most players and definitively they weren't the best either, that was pretty much you talking non-sense alone and being a pain to the room while the rest enjoyed the game as usual. ok, so what's now? you wanna me to set up a custom server just for you and your couple of friends? sure np that's 30 €/month, how do you wanna get billed in cash or in plastic? hahahaha wtf come on what a joke, don't make me laugh, I told you to not waste any more of my time with non sense so let's see if next time instead of telling me that you leaving you actually do it, thanks in advance.
A .

Post by A . »

Look man, I realize you put a lot of work into this server and we are all thankful. It’s a really cool thing you built here. I realize this is like your baby and you don’t like when people complain about it. People want everything to be perfect for just them and its something that simply cannot be accomplished. Its fine. I just voice my opinion and I said from the get go that I’m totally cool with whatever you choose to do. I gave my feedback and tried to be as delicate as I can possibly be which was apparently a big mistake as I come to realize.

However I feel the need to address some points because I’m quite upset what the whole situation has progressed into.

„you came here to lie“
Where exactly did I lie?
When I say that I spam myself and I still don’t like the feature that doesn’t make me a liar, ok maybe it makes me a tiny bit of a hypocrite but nothing else, that’s no lying. I found out by playing that I only use those stupid grenades because the fast firing rate is so stupid addicting. But I can feel that its not good for my skill development and for the level of play on the server.

“you made a lot of people angry”
Who exactly is angry except of you? So I’m the only one that spams those grens btw? Like I said I use them in smart ways. Like to lock out entrances on dm7 and dm14. yes that can be annoying to the opposing team. But hey, I didn’t create this dynamic. I did this before the faster firing rate. I’ll be honest. I don’t have the most fantastic aim all the time. When I feel my aim isn’t on, I work with what I’ve got. Grenades can also be very effective when you are facing multiple opponents you have no chance of killing all, but you can inflict a lot of damage with the grenades because of the faster firing rate.

“Its my duty to put random rogue guys like you in their place”
I’ve been playing on your server for I guess over 2 years now and have numerous friendships with various players. I don’t think its fair you refer to me in such a way. So those new grens have been there for like a week. That completely ruins my relationship for all the rest of the time?

“and your total lack of brains”
I’m sorry but I find this level of personal insult is just completely inacceptable and nonconstructive. I would never say something like that.

“in reality that only shows your insecurity about your own skill”
Please, believe me when I say. I’m not insecure about anything. Sure I discovered that grens fire twice as much and I got a little carried away, but you can’t implement a new game dynamic to make it quote “more balanced” and then not expect people to use it to their advantage. I do whatever it takes to increase my winning chances, sure I’d prefer to win legit with skill, but I got no problem winning dirty either.

I’ve talked with many players about the slot thing for months if not years. Cant remember any good player being against fewer slots. You quoting me from a chat log of one game doesn’t meant jackshit. I realize the more slots you have the more noob friendly the server is. Its ok. I know its never going to change. I don’t need a nosebleed hardcore game every time. Its not a complaint. I mean other players should be able to enjoy the server also. Its something I can live with. But you can’t expect the better players to be cheerful about it.

I have to be honest, I feel quite offended, I don’t think its good etiquette that you showed here. You came out here swinging at me big time for something quite puny and it seems the most important thing was to mock me as max as possible whilst also personally insulting me. I find this totally unacceptable. Its ok, though like I said, I will never post here again on a different topic. But I have to be honest. This bothered me in a deep way. I never thought this could possibly escalate to such a level.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

- „you came here to lie“

"this is coming from somebody who likes to do his fair share of grens spamming" no you don't, you came eight in spam volume as of 30 of October of 2019 and first in spam per spawn completely emptying your gl virtually every single time you spawn, that's not a fair amount of spam that's trying to win dirty as you're admitting yourself, so, yes my friend you lied and you even know it yourself.

"i hate myself for doing it. I feel like an asshole doing it" just four hours later "yes i abused it. I dont feel shame. i do whatever puts me in the winning team." you did it, you don't regret it and you would even do it again if given the chance, what shit are you telling me that you feel bad about it?? you lied once again right in my face.

and yes my friend the worst thing about this is that you didn't even accomplish anything besides fuck up people's games with all this bullshit. you didn't significantly win any games and you hardly killed anyone and your skill only lowered, the only thing you've been good at all this time was bugging the shit out of those that you refer to, as "friends", but yeah sure as some other guys were doing it too I guess that then it doesn't matter, cool.

I have no problems with taking complains and people know that perfectly. furthermore, if it weren't thanks to our dear member tar that showed me a demo yesterday I wouldn't have cut in half the grenades today, so yes they are always welcome in fact. the only problem here is that like I told you I don't put up with (on your own words) "hypocrite(meaning fake) dirty spammers" that's a very different thing. so look pal it's simpler than all that, you threw shit at the server and not only you don't regret it that you even take pride and feel smart and skillful about it and you even allowed yourself to come here to rub it on our faces but now that same shit came back at you, that's just how life goes, get over it.