Verify My Files

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Evil Quad

Verify My Files

Post by Evil Quad »

Hi adminless i seen that Wrong is kick from ur server i send him and many players my own pk3 that i maked from many pk3's it got custom crosshair sound models itp itds many players use it :) so if u dont agree to use it please use sv_pure 1 so no one will use custom pk3's here is it its main version what im using now dont know what wrong is using but he should post his unfreeze folder to. Greetingzzzz Quad :lol: :lol: :lol:
====================================
https://files.fm/u/fxzgdw8d
Evil Quad

Re: Verify My Files

Post by Evil Quad »

Eeeee :crazy:
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Just like @Evil Quad says. Before leaving for Germany that is 2 months ago I used Miroslav.cfg. I have processed his file to my liking. Unfortunately, playing at Miroslav.cfg the game stuck and I had no idea what the problem was. Evil Quad gave me his cfg for a temporary checkup. I play it until I can fix the mistake. I have been in my country for 2 weeks. I haven't repaired my cfg yet.
I play his models. Until I buy a new computer and monitor, I will play its cfg and mods. Then I'll go back to my settings and my cfg.
Also the only thing I changed in cfg is the player name, binds and mouse sensitivity. The rest is from Evil Quad.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@Evil Quad yeah don't worry that I've already seen your files, in fact, I got sick and tired of people reporting me "the guy with a link to something that looked like cheats" and you also know yourself that I got kinda fed up with all the download spam you was making. I've already seen your files previously and I know they were legit (they are in fact just custom broken miss installed version of the own UnFreeZe mod), I'm currently updating the files database so I hope I can add them in the next days (I have plenty of files to add already sorry). thanks for the submission.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@.WTF!Wrong! yeah, I guess, unfortunately download some files randomly over the internet and use them just like that is not always a good idea. you should probably have done better by downloading and using files from trusted sources, like this site for example or other major mods/community sites, and not just some random link someone posted at the servers, sorry about that. I'm going to be looking forward add those files to the database also probably in some time but by now you'll just have to make it with a regular installation like most of the people uses.
Evil Quad

Post by Evil Quad »

Ehhh i was hope that ill be banned permamenty and back to gym couse q3 is like drug for me blehhhh u can add me in discord so i can help u with adding new things to ur mod for free. And dont lie me couse i doesnt like it life :thumbdown:
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

@adminless Could you give me a pack to make my models shiny / bright?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ZZZModels.zip is a well known popular option if the ones from unfreeze aren't good enough.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

@Adminless It's not that they are not enough. They're just too dark. I like bright and shiny.

Btw. In this second topic aimer1 asked you about the files allowed on the server. I tried to use them because I see that there is odi-unfreeze.pk3 or zz_tankjr_keel.pk3 and many more. Unfortunately, entering the game throws me out of the server as if they were illegal.

In addition, ZZZModels is fine, but the models in the team also have a green color as opponents. Should I change this in cfg?

One more question. Will I be able to use pk3 in the future which odi gave me or are shared in this legal folder? Is this a pernament ban?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

like I just said those are the pk3's I'm adding now, the stuff on that folder should work tomorrow or so, in case it doesn't in few days let me know. same applies to the files odi posted now here, I'm adding them now. ah and about the zzzmodels team issue probably cg_forceskin 0 should address that.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

@adminless Thank you for the information. So I will use ZZZModels for now. But how do you make allies different color? Everyone is green and it's hard to tell the difference.
Last edited by WhoAmI on Tue Oct 08, 2019 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

have you tried with cg_forceskin 0?
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Right. I forgot about this command. Thank you ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, I think that I just finished updating the server pure database with what's uploaded here (including subfolders). I think that if I haven't missed something, all those files, plus all the official files released/published here of course, should give you clean status and let you play on the server as long as you don't modify them in any way of course, contrary to what your good friend odi recklessly advises.

so anyways the odi package posted on this topic should now let you in on the server as-is (like I said as long as you don't carry on his advises of modify it) although, do as you please of course, needless to say, but I would strongly advise you against that. well first of all I would strongly advise you against using any other thing besides the official UnFreeZe release, at the moment ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v19.2.zip, know that that's the only tested and supported package here know to reliably work. anything you do with any other files is at your own expense, I do not take issues, complains or requests from unclean and/or unofficial installations. so if let's say that the server is lagging for you and you're using other files beside the provided official ones then is your problem not mine.

ok, once make that clear, give it a try at what you may need from that link and let me know if you're still unable to join the server and/or if you're still notoriously missing something in particular that you would like to get added (don't post me another hundred pk3s, because I will not add them). so, if you're mainly looking for something a-like the odi package, I'd suggest you first to get the official clean UnFreeZe installation, ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v19.2.zip, and then drop there the High Quality Mod, q3a-hqq-v36.zip, and the latest version of the CZ45 Mod, cz45q3agm2019.zip. that's my best suggestion for you not forgetting for a single instant my first statement on this. that's basically the clean base of the odi package. if after this you're still missing something you can also drop there the zzz-odi-pak.pk3 from that package which contain some final regular broken customizations and that should be it.

for the engine once again I can not stress but repeat how much I would strongly advise you to just stick with what comes from the official UnFreeZe release or in case you don't trust me or whatever just with the regular Quake III Arena 1.32c (quake3-1.32c.zip) from the official idSoftware professional paid developers team that created the game or as much simply with a official vanilla ioQuake3 release (download) but despite all that in case you still wanna try out something proven to perform sub-par (source) and pretty much full of useless unnecessary garbage you can still get yourself the official download for that stuff here.