OaFreeZe Game Server Map Rotation

OaFreeZe Game Server forum.

What do you think about the map rotation?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 11, 2017 20:04

I enjoy playing it
No votes
you should add some maps
No votes
I don't like it
No votes

Total votes: 0

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

OaFreeZe Game Server Map Rotation

Post by adminless »

hey hi guys

I'll open this thread to discuss about the map rotation at the OaFreeZe Game Server (137.74.199.130:27971). at the moment the rotation of the server contains 7 maps and is as follow:
  • blitzkrieg3
  • oa_rpg3dm2
  • oa_dm5
  • dm6ish
  • oa_dm1
  • oa_minia
  • aggressor
overall I know that some of them aren't great maps but I think that generally the rotation should fit the game ok. yeah oa_dm1, blitzkrieg3 and aggressor are good unfortunately just three maps are not enough for a whole rotation hence I added the rest, which I believe that while may be are a bit too big is good to play them anyways. unfortunately when it comes to maps I think that that's the best Open Arena has to offer for this kind of game, I don't really see anything more here, so that's it.

that's my impression let me hear now your thoughts or suggestions about the map rotation.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OaFreeZe Game Server Map Rotation

Post by adminless »

well, following the current tendency towards minimalist rotations I took a look at this one and I finally resolved to sort this one out a bit, so I removed oa_dm5, dm6ish and oa_minia. oa_dm5 to be honest never really hook up from the start, all dungeon with virtually no open spaces, simplistic map. dm6ish and oa_minia in the other hand are particularly two great maps (oa_minia in particular is, in my opinion, one of the best ones at open arena) but unfortunately they are clearly way too big for the actual load of the server (yeah for 6vs6 or so awesome) so I remove them. don't spec any mayor change but well, at least, I believe that this should make the game much more fun for the people who play at the server.

anyways as always all this is subject to change at any time so please feel free to leave your impressions here.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OaFreeZe Game Server Map Rotation

Post by adminless »

well, ok, done, after spend some time at the server I finally sort the rotation even more and also removed oa_dm1 and oa_rpg3dm2 then leaving just aggressor and blitzkrieg3, unfortunately there's just no players for those maps. I also tweaked the server a bit to make it a bit more fun I think, so I give it a personal touch here. well, basically that's it with this server, hope it's on your taste.