Any chance for a few bigger maps ?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
FFF
User lv3
User lv3

Any chance for a few bigger maps ?

Post by FFF »

Hello,
Although maybe I should not request too much playing much less in here than I used to, but still I will write what is on my mind ;) Have you ever considered adding any bigger maps on the server like DM6++ instead od the classic DM6 or other bigger maps than the server posses ? The reason is that a lof of times there is 11 v 11 players on the server, so for that amount of players I believe it would be reasonable to play on some bigger maps, to have more chances for longer and better game, rather than respawning and being surrounded by a lot of enemies on a small map. What do you think about that ? (I mean let say at least this dm6++ map or maybe 1 or 2 other bigger maps).
Cheers :)
Last edited by FFF on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
FFF
User lv3
User lv3

Re: Any chance for a few bigger maps ?

Post by FFF »

or for example map Blood Covenant, taken from Quake Live, but possible to be converted to classic Q3, although Im not quite sure would that be compatible with unfreeze mod (for sure with eplus mods).
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

that's right, thanks for the answer and reference tar. yes, custom maps, they have been asked plenty of times already, in fact, they even ran on UnFreeZe2 like for a whole year which killed it altogether. it took like another whole year and some serious (re)work to get it back on track thus I'm sorry but I'm not gonna kill this yet another time just to show people off that again. I know that refusing to load custom maps here means some player loss, well that loss is insignificant compared with the loss of actually running them which is basically near absolute. at the end of the day be it for some reasons or another there's always going to be some player loss with the time and that's normal, that's life actually. I don't think that is on our interest build a toxic community of a few elitist players that plays here like 24/7 as that's not only unsustainable in the long run that it's unhealthy. some people go as some new people come in and so things can stay fresh, clean and fun and I believe that that's why it's so important that the server actually works for everybody and out-of-the-box. it's not that I don't hear or that I do not care or that I just ignore these elitist players, I of course do care about them too but just as much as for those other hundreds of visitors of the server that probably don't even know that this forum exists.

besides don't even think that most of those "fancy" flashy custom maps would later really work out for real and with all the massive repertory of original Quake III Arena maps in existence, I don't even see the point in running hacked versions of quakelive maps. those maps are probably better played on quakelive and absurdly quakelive it's even cheaper than Quake III Arena.
FFF
User lv3
User lv3

Post by FFF »

Ok, I see your point :) Thanks for your clarification, both, you and tar :)
Shattered
User lv1
User lv1

NEW MAPS ON THE FREEZETAG SERVER WE LOVE

Post by Shattered »

Hi all!!
I am shattered, i daily play on the freezetag server.
I noticed is more than 1year that the map cycle is always the same, q3dm6 and a pair of other q3 original maps.
I would like to play on new maps like overkill, and other bigger and "newer" maps.
Because the server is often populated so bigger maps would be funnier. Also it could be a breath of fresh air in the server. Anyone agree with me?? :ugeek: :ugeek:
odiodiodiodiodiodi
User lv1
User lv1

Post by odiodiodiodiodiodi »

F1 for vote system no need to change rotation just add vote system se we coould vote for new maps like overkill or 6++ :)
d0csnyder
User lv2
User lv2

Post by d0csnyder »

Hey guys, sry I just created a new post dealing with this matter. What do you guys think about adding the ra3 maps to the game?