1 month ban for San

Other Reports Discussion forum.

have you spoted san seriously misbehaving?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:13

yes, quite a lot
57%
sometimes, but not that bad overall
14%
no, just rarely
29%

Total votes: 7

FFF
User lv3
User lv3

1 month ban for San

Post by FFF »

There is also another case of very similar behaviour of a player called San. For sure Princess can confirm that as well as I think that Miro can confirm either. I would me more than happy if you could also make some intervention in his case and even highlight this post, so other players know which players can be potentially toxic so other players can watch them even more carefully.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: 1 month ban for San

Post by fernandinho1337 »

San does that too me for a long time but I think it is personal not a pattern. Not sure if he does it to others, too.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I'm not so sure about San, sure I won't deny that it's more than likely he incurred on some of that misbehavior from time to time which is unacceptable however overall I think that he does more good than bad here. anyways one thing I think it's clear to me, I don't think that it's on our best interest to start throwing month bans to any top player that incurred on some misbehavior at some point here just like that because if not more likely than not everybody here would end up banned.

that being said that doesn't mean that I won't do anything about it but so far it's the first serious complain I have received against him then I think that the most appropriate for now is just leave this as a serious warning and this thread open (as well as add a poll) and then if it gets a strong response from the community or if things escalate from here, proceed with an actual ban.

as for adding a sticky thread or something, I don't think it's necessary, I believe that by now people already know about this forum and how to deal with these issues already as I think that you can see here.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

I think San is mostly OK, but I saw him to hit players from RA or freezed players. He do it when he feel he deserve/need RA or some thaw should be "his", because he clean it around or so. Anyway mostly he play fair and good I think.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah that's what i was talking about, that's overall the same thought I had about this, thanks for your input on this jutuli.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

...jutuli... wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:52 I think San is mostly OK, but I saw him to hit players from RA or freezed players. He do it when he feel he deserve/need RA or some thaw should be "his", because he clean it around or so. Anyway mostly he play fair and good I think.
@ adminless: good call not to ban right now

@ jutuli: that is also part of what I noticed besides him having a personal disliking towards my person. I still believe it is a team game. one guy cleans up the other unfreezes. I do not see many other players who want to have their "unfreeze" or their "frag". i sometimes hit 6 rails in a row and no enemy dies and other teammates then pick up the frags. same with unfreezing me cleaning up enemies and other people getting the unfreezes in the meantime. i think it is a team game and everybody does his or her job as good as possible. so i believe when San acts like that he is being childish most of the time. please note: when i see a teammate who is 200/100 and going for another red armour it might happen that I shoot them away. it also happens I am 200/100 and offer the armour for someone who is 100/0 and then a player with 150/100 wants to take it, then again I rather take it myself because there is no point in leaving a teammate overpowered. overall, that is part of "self regulation" on the server. this method of regulation should be preferred. adminless should not deal with all minor issues here.

best regards
FFF
User lv3
User lv3

Post by FFF »

I have one possible solution for this "frozen players" stealing. On some servers I have noticed they have separate points from fragging and from unfreezing players, and these frags points are in much bigger font and value than these taken from unfreezing. So maybe this would be a solution for that childish behaviour of certain players ? If you could apply this to this server, it may be some solution to the problem.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

FFF wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 16:09 I have one possible solution for this "frozen players" stealing. On some servers I have noticed they have separate points from fragging and from unfreezing players, and these frags points are in much bigger font and value than these taken from unfreezing. So maybe this would be a solution for that childish behaviour of certain players ? If you could apply this to this server, it may be some solution to the problem.
the problem would remain the same. i like it how it is. i actually do not play for these types of stats anyways and i guess most players just want to be on the winning team.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

You are right Miro, of course, the problem has more than on side. I too like to play it as a team game and some stealing frags or thaws still happens. Of course even I sometimes steal frag or thaw, but mostly just because I firing everything green what moves and when I see fronzen one, I come to help when possible and not so often I keep watching situation around... Also I prefer to keep RA/MH for anyone else when possible, hope someone/sometimes noticed that, but even this mode is a team game, more often it looks like crazy FFA with two player colors, when everyone collect everything available. Also I do not see player health/shield (I play with clean classic Q3 with just OSP, without Mike modification), so sometimes I just hope I help somebody and he can get RA/MH even he is full. Would be nice to play this mode with good team, helping each other and so on, but now it is still more like FFA.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@FFF that looks like a too specific "fix" for a too specific "issue" that in the end it wouldn't really end up fixing anything (notice that here not everybody uses the same files so it doesn't even really make that much sense) if not probably the contrary (some dudes probably would stop unfreezing altogether). overall I believe that most here agree that things are fine just like they are (as well as with this report so far btw).
hurrenson
User lv3
User lv3

Post by hurrenson »

I can't say i have a problem with San. If i really had to name one thing then that he sometimes leaves when there's no chance of winning. But that is quite seldom and doesn't affect me really. To be honest i think he's one of the better team players on the server in regards to thawing. I think what Jutuli said is somewhat right tho. He might have an issue with noobs getting power ups or people who don't need it (deserve it). But i can't really recall any occasions where i consciously observed that.
But i can confirm that he doesn't like Miro... just like half the server :D
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

hurrenson wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 21:25 But i can confirm that he doesn't like Miro... just like half the server :D
Hurrenson: Instead of using the term "just like half the server" you should write what you actually mean, something like "Neither do i" ;-)
_Nisa_
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ^Princess

Post by _Nisa_ »

Today all the game we played at 8:00-9:00 PM Finnish time he did unfreeze stealing and armor stealing. He also does push teammates into enemy fire from behind so that he can get unfreeze points on the corpses. Actually I have never ever played with San so that he has behaved fairly. I think he is probably the worst of them all. How about a 6 month ban?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, there's no mistake it was him and I also noticed that this overturned the vote so I just placed a ban for a yet unspecified period of time now (it will depend on how things goes from here). thanks for report.
BladeRunner
User lv2
User lv2

Post by BladeRunner »

San didn't understand the lesson. Now he comes in with nick BurN and he keeps shooting his teammates to steal points.Same with player Suzie Q,that pissed off several players today