UnFreeZe mini-tournament (first edition)

fpsclassico masters 18 - matacristos champion, Miroslav undisputed
matacristos
User lv2
User lv2

Re: UnFreeZe mini-tournament

Post by matacristos »

For now this Sunday I'm available. If I have any problem I would notice you
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

im also available sunday. what time 6 pm cet?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

yes 18:00 I think that it's a good time instead of later as that way there's always room in the event of some issue and it's also more comfortable for me in particular to deal with the aftermath (check results, update posts, upload demos/logs etc etc) so if you both agree then we can setup this for the next Sunday 18 of November 18:00 already :) all that would be left would be to know your map picks.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

i go for ztn3t1 and hub3aero

both were originally quake world maps - oldschool ;-)
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Hi,
I forgot my regist. details here, so I observed forum not so often lately. Today I renew the login data and I see I missed this tournament, unfortunately...
It could be fun, even when I did not dueling for very long time... Nice idea, nice demos and performances ;) Have fun and good luck for all participants.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

jutuli

nice to hear that you are interested at well.

I suggest to you to use the webchat functionality on this forum. maybe you and others can meet up on irc and play once in awhile.

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe then stay tune for a month or so, if everything goes right there's the intention of making another edition for the Christmas holidays which btw it also applies to everyone who is interested and of any skill. I'll make a different thread here at this sub-forum when the time comes for that.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Hello,

I propose that the Grand Final will be held on lan (see attachment) :-D

best regards
matacristos
User lv2
User lv2

Post by matacristos »

Ok, first sorry for the inconvenience, but this sunday i won't be able to play due to familiy obligations. So it should be the next if there is no problem. Maybe if jutuli want to play this sunday you can organize a match versus miro
Second I spoke with miro yesterday and he told me he was going to pick up ztn and aerowalk. I was thinking in picking up dm6 and ztn, so he gave the chance to pick a different map. I've decided to choose hub tourney as second option, but because miro and I want to play same old school maps, I was thinking if the map rotation could iot be dm6 (my choice), aero (Miro's choice), ztn (basically both's choice), and if we have a different score that is not a 3-0 for Miro, hub3tourney and an untied map in case of 2-2
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, no problem, then we'll re-scheduled it for the next weekend, initially Sunday 25 of November 18:00 if you both can/want. btw you can pick a map that miro picked if you want (as well as the tie breaker too), there's no problems about that, so based on what you're telling me if you pick up dm6 and hub3tny then the match can be arranged like that, dm6, aero, ztn, hub3tny, hub3tny. initially the player "a" here (the stronger player who starts the game) was miro but it's no problem to swap places and the random tie breaker map for the match was also hub3tny so if you both don't want to have to play hub3tny twice in a row it can also be changed. perhaps a not random tie breaker map suggestion I think it could be pukka3tourney2.

as for jutuli, a (sanctioned, official) jutuli-miro match I don't think that it's gonna happen unless he earns it by winning some UnFreeZe tournament edition, what can be arranged however I think it's some jutuli-kra7os introduction match to get started for future editions, if both want/can.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

matacristos wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:04 Maybe if jutuli want to play this sunday you can organize a match versus miro
You definitely want to destroy my Sunday, right? ;)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

I can play tomorrow with tuesday, now on Saturday we start and 21; 00 pucham championships posuki wuake champion. like tomorrow, we want to play this day, if juttuli wants to play this day, we can play, ehhhh love is google translator:) now I'm working on popolounki "on Saturday I play polish quake champion (link) but on Sundays as juttuli fits, we can play" :) greetings to all
matacristos
User lv2
User lv2

Post by matacristos »

I was thinking instead of being this a tounament, it could be more like a league, with a match every sunday (If people can), where everybody plays versus everybody. That's why I was saying jutuli or whoever can take my place if I'm not able to play. You'll see: if this is like a tournament and if the next match it has to be me versus miro, because I'm the guy who won the semi final and it's going to play the final versus the champion, and I can't play for any reason like this sunday, tournament would be usually delayed because we depend on two players. Also, let's suppose there are 6 players who want to play the tournament, something like Miro, me, Kra7os, jutuli, newb.zi and facehugger for saying some names from unfreeze servers, and you say to facehugger before playing versus miro (the champion) he has to defeat the rest of the players. In that scenario, supposing there is a match per sunday with no delays, Miro won't have any match scheduled until 5 weeks later and the most of the match would it be "Matacristos versus someone" or "Kra7os versus someone". If it is like a league, everybody should face everybody, we wouldn't depend on two guys like this sunday where one of them (me) can't play and there is a delay. So if you have scheduled "mata vs miro", you could reschedule another duel with two guys that can play.

And don't know if I expressed myself clearly, maybe I messed up a little.

About dueling versus Miro, he wanted to play ztn and aerowalk, same as me. That I was suggesting this two map with dm6 would be the 3 first choices just to make sure that in the probable case we end 3-0, it would be sure we played in the maps both can give the best of us. To not play in hub3 tourney twice in a row, yeah, is best to play pukka the fourth map and hubtny the untied if miro agrees.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

agreed @ mata
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

Hi, I agree with anything, Sunday is usualy my free day, so I should have a time. I just tried the master server and I have 60-70 ping there, is it normal when now I have about 30 at unfreeze?