UnFreeZe mini-tournament (first edition)

fpsclassico masters 18 - matacristos champion, Miroslav undisputed
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: UnFreeZe mini-tournament

Post by fernandinho1337 »

adminless:

if you ask 5 different people you get 10 opinions so it is impossible to make it right for everyone.

i was just stating my opinion and i know you have a point too. i just noticed yesterday when kratos and i played pickup he got raped really bad a few times (which sometimes happens on VQ3, too) but i felt on prot4 it was even easier because challengeq3.

:pt4 is also an example for bad balancing with CQ3. you cannot run both yellow armors all the time because you cannot pick up both of them. the guy in control can pressure more on pt4. yesterday it was enough to keep one half of the map under control (kratos style of play helped a lot though, too).

maybe you can make VQ3/CQ3 voteable?

best regards
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

mirek chodź na runde czas na fraga:)
matacristos
User lv2
User lv2

Post by matacristos »

Hey ppl, first of all, sorry for not answering earlier. I've been busy this last two days trying to install old pc games, so I havent been online.
About the matches date, this sunday is perfect for me. I will download the maps if I dont have it yet (havent check it).
By the way, remember to say what kind of hour it is. For now, I think kratos, miro and I live with the same hour, central european time if Im not wrong, but other folks from unfreeze server, that might want to play duels in the future, maybe have different hour, like people from UK, Ireland, Portugal... Just to prevent confussions in the future
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@Kra7oS siema mate, well I finally pm'ed mata here and it seems that reached him so eventually I think that you're going to be able to play the match this weekend, he seems fine with that so far :)

@fer I know that way too well haha everybody has their own opinion, like I said, np, Kra7oS answer I believe that it was along the "cpma" (related) stuff "weird" good old school q3 stuff here "better" lines more or less if I didn't understand wrong and mata initial request for the competition was "If it is playing Quake 3 count with me. But I agree with MIro: playing 1vs1 is better with duel rules. OSP maybe is the best mod for that. CPMA is good, but the movement and other stuff is different" which I think that it clearly hints on the direction of vq3. also even if it doesn't count here but the few public feedback that had the server so far was also on that direction (I can't take the ya :( ) so I just switched back to regular vq3 settings early this afternoon. however I think that you didn't get cq3 armor system all right, you can pickup 2 ya and 1 ra, but only if you do it in the right order, fresh spawn, first ya (100 armor), second ya (150 armor), ra (200 armor) and all the armor won't decay, you can't however pickup ya after you have gone above 150 armor (after you picked up a ra for example) which I believe that it's your issue. overall I believe that it's a much more elaborated and depth system however two things are right, one is that it's not as experienced as plain vq3 (which is strong point against it to be used to compete here), well in fact it's totally unknown here, and second that this armor system is even more suited for specific maps (i.e. the cpm maps, there's green armor too, here replaced by the armor shards), in fact it's probably not even suited for some good old school q3 maps. and yeah allow for cq3/vq3 voting switch it's what I was doing when you posted that but guess what? it's also broken beyond belief too :D and you know what? it's not my mod I can not fix it, so there's nothing I can do about it :) :) I can however just stop the server on vq3 and restart it on cq3 and vice versa and that's what I did, I just left both settings there, however like I said don't worry, this event will finally be played on regular vq3.

@mata ok, that's cool np, I just pm'ed you in case you had forgotten or had missed something, cause it had been some days and now it's no problem but if there would be more matches it could seriously delay us if everybody reply too late. so, nice to have you back, initially a rehearsal session was planned for this sunday from 18:00 to 20:00 but that session basically took place yesterday so the server is tested for hosting this match already there's really no much need for another rehearsal session the Sunday then I would strongly suggest you to drop by the masters.unfreeze.xyz:27965 (85.10.197.106:27965) server and test everything out for a while and if you're ok then the Sunday we can just go for the match and then who wins against miro for a exhibition match the next week or another date that you both can/want. I know, that's a good point, yes we're all CET as far as I know so that's why I'm even omitted it but sure it would be important on the future (for example face). and for the map pool is as follows: you have too chose two different maps from there and must post your selection before hand here. Kra7oS picked up pro-q3tourney2 and pro-q3tourney4 you can pick any of those ones too if you want. the random tie breaker map for this match is pro-q3tourney4 and the match should be played on mata map-Kra7oS map-Kra7oS map-mata map-tie map order, who wins three maps wins the championship and a spot on serie a for future editions (plus the "sparring" with miro). there's no need to play the five maps (although you perfectly can and are encouraged too if you both want), and maps are scored by 10 mins timelimit.

and that's it I think I haven't missed anything if so just let me know and we'll go talking.
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

who knows why the master unfreze does not work on this server r_singleshader 1?
Attachments
IMG_20181106_181401_01.jpg
IMG_20181106_181523_01.jpg
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Kra7oS wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 20:55 who knows why the master unfreze does not work on this server r_singleshader 1?
I am sure OSPMod has disabled the functionality because it could be considered hack.

@adminless: Do u know the difference between hub3dm1 and hub3tourney1? they must be pretty much the same i guess?
i think dm1 has quad somewhere which is disabled for duel?

do i need to be online on sunday? i mean my match will not take place unless mata/kratos want to go right away

best regards
matacristos
User lv2
User lv2

Post by matacristos »

Ok , I pick pro dm6 and ztn.
I checked the server and it works a little bad for me, small stuttering and fps drops below 100. It happens in every OSP server I enter. Any tip to solve it?
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

matacristos

is it only when you join? a bit stuttering right at the start especially when you just booted the computer can happen.

do the following in the console /timedemo 1 then /demo four open console and tell me what your average fps is.

if u have like 280fps+ or more u r fine. if you have less ur computer is just too slow or there is anything running in the background causing drops.

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@fer as far as I know from the map readme what has been updated on hub3tourney1 is:
UPDATED:
At the request of the CPL, I have updated the map by replacing the lower YA with
a RA. This counterbalances the domination of the RG.

UPDATED: More map speed optimisations. Clipping optimisations and additions.
the only downside is that as far as I know the "popular" version was hub3dm1 so people is even less likely to have hub3tourney1 (as far as I know I believe that unless esports related people is pretty much "unknown") which is bad for a public server, nevertheless the main purpose of the server has never been that of a public server so bottom line here, ok, np I'll just repalce hub3dm1 by hub3tourney1 the next week (it's not going to be played this weekend so I won't waste time, mine and yours, i.e. reloading, on that) and it will be available for your match (which includes the tie-breaker map). and no you don't need to be online the Sunday as you're not scheduled to play (and I see it unlikely that any of them wanna go against you straight away), probably if things go right your match can be scheduled for the 17-18 weekend.

@mata well, I think that you've had enough of me trolling osp all over this thread (I apologize for that but the thing really gets me on my nerves and I think that it's important to expose it too) so I'll stop with that then I don't know, it really works ok for me (it's never going to be as clean and as good as a much more recent mod but it at least does the job). since it's very old school stuff I found out that probably your best chances are with old school files too, like the original unmodified Quake III Arena client from idSoftware, quake3-1.32c, and "standard" settings (aka the 125 fps, 25000/40/125 settings that let's remark once again, are not so good at UnFreeZe). that's what I tried and what worked best for me, so reset your cfg and give it a try and see if it helps. ok, good then it's done, I'll pm you both now the password for the Sunday match and good luck to both of you, fight hard, fight clean and have fun whoever wins this.

now since this is the first time and since one of the participants hardly speaks any English (not his fault just saying) and giving the fact that this is a actual final after thinking about it I'll ref this old school style, this is, callvote is going to be disable this time and it will be me personally who will load the maps, to avoid misunderstanding and issues but know that on the future I won't ref every single match (unless explicitly requested/necessary) and that the dynamic behind this is that you go voting the games as they were agreed here. then if there's no more questions we see us this Sunday at 18:00 to play pro-q3dm6, pro-q3tourney2, pro-q3tourney4, ztn3tourney1 and pro-q3tourney4 the server will be passwored at that time (with the password I sent you now) and I'll wait for you there nicked as "referee", you'll have several minutes to warm up and do some final testing/setting up before the initial game, after that between games warm up will be limited to a couple of minutes (just saying don't stress over it but don't spend ten minutes on warm up for no reason) unless justified from some reason (i.e. technical issues) and you can obviously make any questions/complains you want there to me.
matacristos
User lv2
User lv2

Post by matacristos »

Ok, solved the problem. You see, I have two Q3 copies, in one of them I have all mods installed, OSP, Unfreeze, CPMA, ioquake 3... and it's the one that it was giving me problems in the server. The other copy is the VQ3 and osp mod only, works perfect and it's the one I will use. I assume it was the ioquake stuff the problem, I'm not sure. Anyway, I received the password and I'm ready to play sunday
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yep, I "knew" it (I had guessed it, I mean), yes that was the problem, better stuck with really old school stuff here, on the future (for another possible edition) I may make another package however at just 48 hours as you may guess it's not possible. great news then :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

adminless wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 19:56yep, I "knew" it (I had guessed it, I mean), yes that was the problem, better stuck with really old school stuff here, on the future (for another possible edition) I may make another package however at just 48 hours as you may guess it's not possible. great news then :)
well, I changed my mind and as things are going really smooth and fine at the UnFreeZe thing I don't need to be reviewing them (almost) "24/7" which means that I can do more things so on some spare time I finally went all the way with this stuff and made that fail-safe package always good to have at hand just in case something breaks: q3a-duels_client.zip

so it's very recommended that the participants get it just in case there's eventual problems later but hey don't forget that as mata has very well done do not mix up this file with anything else, in particular UnFreeZe. don't expect much of the actual package as at the moment it's pretty much "raw", no docs, no cfgs, no anything just all the necessary files by now, it's supposed you should know how to use these files even better than me, on the future if the tournaments gets a bit more mainstream I can "polish" it a bit (to some extend). and also let's remark once again that these are not my files therefor I can not offer support for them and specifically, do not mix up these with the actual UnFreeZe thing (run them, you don't even need to "install" them, just from another folder).

in addition to finish with all this and move on, I replaced already hub3dm1 by hub3tourney1 and consequently updated the mappack so make sure to redownload them or download what you missing (and you can also delete hub3dm1 now as it's no longer going to be used). also as final addition to the map pool I added phantq3dm1_rev too so make sure to get that too (not that it's gonna be used yet unless someone request it on the next match but added) since as I was digging hub3tourney1 before it came out and it turned out to be more popular/used than what I had initially though (which is why I haven't added it) and the quality of that map is, in my opinion, unquestionable, so also added now to finish with this all for once.
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

siema:)unless the bots on the server hanged :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmmm interesting point, that was the gtv (dedicated spectator) that guess what? it largely breaks here it seems if left alone :( anyways, just "fixed" now. sorry for the inconvenience. thanks for pointing it out.

ps: well at least luckily I tried this today and not tomorrow
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, good game to both of you and thanks for developing the event without incidents. so, now coming to the results we have the first UnFreeZe inside champion by a score of 3:0 (5:1, 11:7, 10:3) our dear member matacristos, congrats. thus there was no (statistical) surprises here this time, mata won and secured his spot on serie a for future editions and unfortunately Kra7oS lost the final and will have to fight for another chance at the serie b of another edition. coming to the individual games on next days I'll go uploading them to YouTube (here) but that obviously takes time so by now the results and files were as follow:
  • game 1 - pro-q3dm6 (matacristos selection, matacristos winner)
    656.3 score: 5 ping: 41 client: 2 matacristos
    656.3 score: 1 ping: 44 client: 3 ^7Kra^b^17^7oS
    658.6 Weapon_Stats: 2 MachineGun:10:0:0:0 (0.0%) Shotgun:110:23:6:0 (20.9%) G.Launcher:3:0:1:0 (0.0%) R.Launcher:84:12:11:0 (14.3%) LightningGun:264:76:6:0 (28.8%) Railgun:30:10:4:1 (33.3%) Given:2498 Recvd:1646 (60.3%) Armor:1615 Health:1425 (matacristos)
    658.6 Weapon_Stats: 3 Shotgun:66:2:7:1 (3.0%) G.Launcher:27:1:2:0 (3.7%) R.Launcher:55:5:8:0 (9.1%) LightningGun:97:23:8:1 (23.7%) Railgun:39:9:6:2 (23.1%) Plasmagun:126:6:9:1 (4.8%) Given:1646 Recvd:2498 (39.7%) Armor:1585 Health:875 (Kra7oS)
  • game 2 - pro-q3tourney2 (Kra7oS selection, matacristos winner)
    642.6 score: 11 ping: 41 client: 2 matacristos
    642.6 score: 7 ping: 43 client: 3 ^7Kra^b^17^7oS
    644.8 Weapon_Stats: 2 MachineGun:66:12:0:0 Shotgun:253:54:9:4 R.Launcher:55:18:7:1 LightningGun:440:133:10:1 Railgun:20:5:5:0 Given:3343 Recvd:2615 Armor:2055 Health:530
    644.8 Weapon_Stats: 3 MachineGun:78:16:0:0 Shotgun:286:72:7:2 R.Launcher:82:25:10:2 LightningGun:210:35:5:2 Railgun:20:3:4:3 Given:2615 Recvd:3343 Armor:1780 Health:575
  • game 3 - pro-q3tourney4 (Kra7oS selection, matacristos winner)
    750.5 score: 10 ping: 46 client: 2 matacristos
    750.5 score: 3 ping: 43 client: 3 ^7Kra^b^17^7oS
    752.8 Weapon_Stats: 2 MachineGun:20:2:0:0 Shotgun:132:38:7:0 R.Launcher:75:12:11:2 Railgun:48:12:6:1 Plasmagun:64:7:2:0 Given:2225 Recvd:2129 Armor:1900 Health:625
    752.8 Weapon_Stats: 3 MachineGun:25:6:0:0 Shotgun:11:1:6:1 R.Launcher:52:5:8:2 Railgun:61:15:13:5 Plasmagun:173:16:7:0 Given:2129 Recvd:2225 Armor:445 Health:650
  • game 4 - hub3tourney1 (matacristos selection / extra play, matacristos winner)
    676.5 score: 11 ping: 47 client: 2 matacristos
    676.5 score: 1 ping: 44 client: 3 ^7Kra^b^17^7oS
    678.7 Weapon_Stats: 2 MachineGun:17:4:0:0 Shotgun:165:28:8:0 G.Launcher:4:0:4:0 R.Launcher:62:23:20:2 LightningGun:104:21:3:0 Railgun:18:7:3:0 Given:2556 Recvd:1834 Armor:1825 Health:705
    678.7 Weapon_Stats: 3 MachineGun:92:14:0:0 Shotgun:209:30:16:2 G.Launcher:0:0:4:0 R.Launcher:70:30:19:8 LightningGun:3:0:8:0 Railgun:7:0:4:1 Given:1834 Recvd:2556 Armor:735 Health:440
  • game 5 - pro-q3tourney4 (tie-breaker / extra play, matacristos winner)
    615.8 score: 22 ping: 44 client: 2 matacristos
    615.8 score: 1 ping: 45 client: 3 ^7Kra^b^17^7oS
    618.0 Weapon_Stats: 2 Gauntlet:0:3:0:0 MachineGun:83:30:0:0 Shotgun:253:30:5:0 R.Launcher:86:22:10:0 Railgun:43:20:8:0 Plasmagun:75:15:2:0 Given:3809 Recvd:2273 Armor:1675 Health:955
    618.0 Weapon_Stats: 3 MachineGun:93:16:0:0 Shotgun:55:5:5:1 R.Launcher:48:18:9:5 Railgun:47:11:22:14 Plasmagun:132:5:9:1 Given:2273 Recvd:3809 Armor:575 Health:185
  • demos & games log: ftp://ftp.fpsclasico.de/old/public/file ... os-kra7os/
and that's it with this first edition :) hopefully server worked fine and there was no issues whatsoever (good behavior, no command mistakes etc etc) so if everything goes right then in some months we could run another edition and let's see if on the future more people, of any skill, is interested in participate too. all that is left now from this first edition is just the honorific exhibition match between the reigning champion, matacristos, and Miroslav that it's scheduled to be played at any date to agree between you both during this next three weeks. in case of no agreement during this time the last given date was, Sunday 2 of December from 19:30 to 21:30, but I believe that you can perfectly do it just the next Sunday like this one if you can and want, now it's just on you. the random tie breaker map for this match is hub3tourney1 and for the rest i believe that you're already familiar with the dynamic by now.
Attachments
matacristos-kra7os.log
(13.87 KiB) Downloaded 24 times