UnFreeZe mini-tournament (first edition)

fpsclassico masters 18 - matacristos champion, Miroslav undisputed
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: UnFreeZe mini-tournament

Post by fernandinho1337 »

the proposed time is fine for me. i am in.
can i also pick hub3dm1 eventhough it is the default tie breaker?

best regards

ps just checking what cq3 is about
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

yes you can chose the same map as the tie breaker np about that. ok cool then you're initially scheduled for this Sunday rehearsal and the 2 of December exhibition final against the champ. now, just let's see when mata/kra7os play their game/confirm attendance to the rehearsal :)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

is when we play this Sunday? :) and who has contact with matacristos? :)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

it suits me best on Sundays, preferably from 17:00 pm, because now I am working on night shifts and on Saturday I also work on the night
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

and on which maps do we finally play? This is important !! briefly, specifically and n atemat :) it is a must if I knew on which maps I have to train in noemr mode because I do not remember when I played in the normal game last time :) I think about the maps dm5, dm4 t2po, t4 pro, dm6 pro, dm13pro, t3
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

let's see by parts:

Q.) is when we play this Sunday? :) and who has contact with matacristos? :)

A.) No, this Sunday is just a rehearsal game (than I'm implying with this that you're going to attend) between you all to test the server/tournament dynamics etc. your game against matacristos will come next, at a date you both agree between 14 of November to 27 of November inclusive. if there's no agreement during this time (up to 21 of November) it will be set for Sunday 25 of November from 19:30 to 21:30. matacristos contact is this forum, basically he should just join here and let us know. if you want for a direct contact ask him personally.

Q.) it suits me best on Sundays, preferably from 17:00 pm?

A.) cool, no problems mate, we can make it from 18:00 to 20:00 this Sunday if it suits you better and everybody is ok with that (I'm).

Q.) and on which maps do we finally play?

A.) for your game against matacristos you have to chose two different maps from: and he has to do the same. both must post here your selections at least 24 hours before the match. the tie breaker map for match is pro-q3tourney4.
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

18:00 do 20:00 time is ok:) map Q3 tourney 2 pro Andrzej tourney 4 pro:)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

Map Q3 tourney 2 pro and tourney4 pro:) ok i must go work , see you:)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

server works well, plays well, is it possible to change bots to be at nightmare level, but I think that for the games set 15min time limit
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, great news then :D sure no problem about that, bots were already above average but bots at max level now. about the timelimit I believe that it has been agreed to be 10 mins already, sorry. so then we'll see if miro it's ok with meeting up a bit early the sunday as you requested then I believe that we can make that date and time official already as it seems that mata has gone missing. anyways, we'll meet up anyways as it's just a rehearsal to finally test the things out (although so far they seem tested already) and if he doesn't ping within the next week then I'll try to reach him to set up a date to play with you. in addition I can't provide you with his data, but I think that I can at least pm him here your account email address and perhaps he reaches you, if you're ok with that?
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

leave a matacristos message on q ch only there I have contact with him but if he will write back it will turn out
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, that sucks, he should have already joined the conversation by now but well I gave two weeks of term to set up the match for a reason (foreseeing this), there's still plenty of time, let's hope that you can arrange the match the next week.

anyways what we did today with the server on public mode was basically what was planned for the Sunday but just with the server in private mode (i.e. passwored) and hopefully everything worked as planned, no more issues than what they have already been so far it seems :D so that's good even if mata would show up the Sunday, you could play the match if he's ok with that, so, we'll see. for this circumstance I'll wait until the Saturday night to send the password for the session just in case it goes for the match instead.

and that's it I believe that you got the dynamic behind the tournament, player a votes his map, play, end game, player b votes his map, play, end game, player b votes his map, play, end game, player a votes his map, play, end game, tie breaker map gets voted, play, end match, results/post demos/videos etc etc now while this is still new I will join as referee to oversee it (as you could see, btw when for real I obviously won't say a single word unless strictly required) and clear up issues, answer questions and that kind of stuff on the future unless the big matches (i.e. the finals/semi-finals) or explicitly requested/required for some reason I will not, as I believe that it shouldn't be necessary (you can arrange this yourselves or simply you can referee yourselves, I mean, one, a third player, can oversee others game). what I will however, is be connected at the webchat at all times during the events dates and review and verify the results and regularly follow the match to ensure that everything is going as it should (and taking action if necessary). once a player has won three games (in case of 5 map games in case of 3 map games 2 obviously) the match will be over and can be ended or preferably you can play all the games anyways if you both want.

if things go right I think that it would be a good idea to run two of these per year, like on holidays Christmas/summer, if people gets interested :)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hi

i know we already had a small chat about it. I would prefer not using "challengeq3" because it changes strategies etc too much. would make it a bit more random which i would not like. some maps are also not well usable when they have more than two armors (like ztn).

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, np about that, in my opinion I disagree, I think that they actually make the game less random and yes more challenging by providing a tighter amount of resources (example on vq3 you just spawn and pick up whatever random weapon a few armor and you're done, you can just spam about everywhere or even just go with the mg, here just that doesn't work, you truly need to go for the items and be very careful with your shots). and btw for the record a little misconception here (not by you in particular that I know that it's not your case but that I heard from other people), in fact cq3 was designed by the developers and the pro players of osp (the mod and extinct community that all those guys idealize and idolize in particular) not by me (although curiously this time I agree with them here for this particular purpose, competition/duels) and they are the base and foundation for the "standard" q3 mode for pro tournaments, cpma (cpma, Challenge ProMode Arena as the name points out it's just basically Quake III Arena with challenge q3 rulesets and promode physics) and consequently ql recently. that being said I agree that the armor system (which is a fundamental part) it's not always well suited on every old school q3 map (obviously that's why the cpma mod comes with its own specific maps and why I said that it was better to stay away from those maps), so there you really have a point.

nevertheless, it's enough with the lecture haha sorry about that, so, if Kra7oS or mata prefer just plain vq3 too (or doesn't really care) I'll simply switch it back, it's ok.
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

witam,
siema, and what turned out, however, on Saturday to work for the night I do not go so I have a free weekend :) my son can not wait to see the game :)) I'm going matacristos leave a message to report here, and when it comes to quake 3 crop vg3 or cpma but players with unfreeze do not like cpma is faster and more possible and I'm still learning only 12 months in quake game