[Q3 UNFREEZE] server stuck on dm7

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

[Q3 UNFREEZE] server stuck on dm7

Post by pyron83 »

hi,

the server is stuck on dm7.

restart needed?

thank you

have a nice day
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: [Q3 UNFREEZE] server stuck on dm7

Post by adminless »

nah just some crazy "bug" at the rotation code that break it, live addressed as we speak (unacceptably enforced a map) and I'll note it for correct it now. I express my most sincere apologies for this unfortunate incident, thank you for bring it up to me and for your understatement.
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pyron83 »

No problem, it can happen ;)

Thanks
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

I think it was good to see it stuck because I noticed unfreeze2 got a bit more active! Unfortunately I could not play at that time. I dont know if there are still custom maps on unfreeze. Would have been interesting to see how the maps went.
hurrenson
User lv3
User lv3

Post by hurrenson »

Again it seems
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

no this time is different a issue, is not a server hang like the other day, it was just a rotation "lock". just happened that undetected so far server crashed for some unknown reason early this afternoon, there it entered auto recovery correctly as it does everyday morning but failed to notice that it was already in the afternoon, instead of the usual morning, and that therefor it needed to go into the big maps already instead of the short reduced map set it loads in the mornings and that's why the rotation was getting virtually locked as if you remove the big maps from the rotation the likelihood of q3dm7 becomes almost absolute when server is full/near-full. anyways, just unceremoniously made the rotation switch by hand some time ago (after I figured this out, took me some time to realize it) and I'm making the appropriate corrections to the auto recovery code now for account for this kind of weird, exceptional situation.