DE IP's Servers offline intermittently

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
me
User lv3
User lv3

DE IP's Servers offline intermittently

Post by me »

Hello Adminless.
Don't know if you noticed, but yesterday and today the DE IP's servers are intermittently going offline for some minutes and coming back.
I use them, since that routing gives me less ping, about 20ms less. Forum goes offline too, during the period when they go off. The EU ones are fine, but OFC, i feel the latency.
Can you confirm this?
Thank you in advance.

Cheers
/quit then.
Meanwhile, in the farthest corner of the map...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: DE IP's Servers offline intermittently

Post by adminless »

I can't really tell since I haven't setup the monitoring services yet (hope I can do within these days to finish with the migration) but so far (from actively operated the servers for weeks already) I haven't spot/encounter any major issues with any of the routes. that being said, yes the .eu/.com (now marked as e1 and e2 respectively in-game and alternated on the ports) routes are the main ones for a reason as they will provide the best stability so they should generally be preferred. the alternative (continuous) .de route might provide the best latency (under some circumstances) but unfortunately it might not be as stable as that runs on a cloud service (high-availability). as usual what's best it's something to always test and determine on a case/situation basis. that being said, one thing is also clear the (in-game) IPv6 only cz route is last on priority and it should only really be used as last resort/emergency or for debugging reasons.
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

OK, I'll have that recommendation. Thank you for your input.

Cheers
/quit then.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I just came across this issue now so I think I applied a quick fix for it now though I'll keep monitoring it further.
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

Thank you.
You might want to know that i just connected through EU :27961 and people there actually were reporting that it happened in there also a couple of times this night, even kicking people, according to Mango and RedRum.
/quit then.
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

Add: the previous post was after you applied the fix so, hopefully all is good now. Ill report If there's still issues.
Thank you.

Cheers.
/quit then.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I'll investigate further but it looks like some sort of temporal routing issue like some switch changes or something external to the server itself, I don't think the problem should persist in the long run (and if it does I'll just replace that server/provider). anyways at least from what I saw the other (secondary) server it's not affected by such issue in any of the routes (which then means the issue is limited to the primary server) so at least from what I saw people just continued to play there for zero downtime as it was exactly the intention with the now true dual server setup.
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

So it seems. Didn't happened again in these 2 hours.
Thanks once again.

Cheers.
/quit then.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, hopefully I'll setup the monitoring today now that I finished with everything else still let me know if you encounter anymore issues. anyways, as said at least from what I saw the other (secondary) server had no lag (from any of the routes) so in the event of that (or any other issues) people just can continue playing there then for zero downtime so the new true dual server setup did really pay off/do its work as expected/intended.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well from what I saw I believe there was no more issues since, I assume that probably the brief interruption/s was likely due a network maintenance on the primary server provider end during those times. anyways just to be safe I just finished setting up the network monitoring services for the servers this morning that you can consult here for example for the primary server if you want. on the next days (likely today) I'll just do/add same on the other servers so that should clearly tell if something breaks at some point.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 13:40 well from what I saw I believe there was no more issues since, I assume that probably the brief interruption/s was likely due a network maintenance on the primary server provider end during those times. anyways just to be safe I just finished setting up the network monitoring services for the servers this morning that you can consult here for example for the primary server if you want. on the next days (likely today) I'll just do/add same on the other servers so that should clearly tell if something breaks at some point.
I think servers are returning to normal as "no PAC no win" is working even when I lost :crazy: