Voice chats

User's Guides & Help forum.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Voice chats

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Hi,

Princess used a message command. it says "please unfreeze me here" or somethign like that and then a sound was played which said the same thing.

what type of command is that? how do they work? can you give some explanation or a link where i can read more about it?

plus, i read the ioquake readme but maybe i did not get the point. is something like a voice chat tool included? something like teamspeak? is it enabled and can i use it?

thanks in advance

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Voice chats

Post by adminless »

hehe so it looks like that little girl even read the client gamemod readme and everything, props for her hehe yes, there's some small, very limited, voice chat functionality on the UnFreeZe client gamemod (carried over from the original freeze tag mod), the functionality is the same as the well know team arena voice chats, this is, the commands vsay and vsay_team (and their voice only counterparts, vosay and vosay_team) only and the currently available arguments are just:
yes | no | praise | onfollow | help | helping
for example \vsay_team help or \vsay yes. you have that info at the unfreeze0-client.txt readme file included with the mod that it seems that she has been the first one to have ever read hahaha

hope that helps
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

ok cool, i will check it out. thanks

props to the girl! :-D

best regards
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

update: everything works except for "praise"

i loaded unfreeze and started a local ffa match...maybe it only works on the server?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

probably you mistyped it or something I believe, just tested it now and it was working here.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

i copy pasted from your prior post. i am using ioquake 1.33. maybe that is the issue?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmm that's really rare specially since you're saying that the rest works but that one, also those are the same files I'm using, so I don't really know, sorry, \vsay praise for example (which if I understood right is your only problem) is working here (equals randomly to either "Thanks for the thaw!" or just "Thank you!").
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

hi,

well, i actually just made a thank you binding yesterday. i guess i can live without the voice message. probably my teammates would hate me if I spam them with that sound ;-)

best regards
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

if i do "Praise" it works. for some reason this command is case sensitive...

works now. thanks!

best regards