UnFreeZe --> CTF

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Zealot
User lv3
User lv3

UnFreeZe --> CTF

Post by Zealot »

Not sure as to the feasibility of porting the UnFreeZe mod to CTF, but CTF is definitely faster paced and more fun than Freeze. No frozen time! You can even keep the same newb-friendly weapon settings from UnFreeZe. The boosted rocket knock back would create some interesting flag runs. Plus, the Threewave maps are actually built for a large quantity of players so 11 vs 11 CTF wouldn't be such a blind spamfest. Thoughts?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe --> CTF

Post by adminless »

mmmm there's even kinda "original" (i.e. generally unknown) UnFreeZe cross ctf settings within the original mod so that could even be a option, definitively like I said that's something to play with for UnFreeZe2 or an alternative server which if it wasn't because I got stuck on the 2018 ioQuake3 builds this past week (just "finished", i.e. worked around some problems, yesterday at night so I finally expect them to happen this week) I should have been relocating it into a new a host as we speak (so expect it for this weekend or so). once I start working on that task (probably top priority now once published the new 2018 ioQuake3 builds here) is very likely that I keep experimenting with it as it's evident that as is now it's doing no good at all and it's also probable that I add one thing more or another, we'll see. anyways, one thing I know, UnFreeZe1, I won't fuck with it, I believe that like I said at this time it's already pretty well established and doing great, besides the usual revisions/maintenance/updates I won't touch it.
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

Hi.

I really like that idea Zea! New skills to learn.

YS
kos
User lv2
User lv2

Post by kos »

gief nub CTF nau!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

well finally that "any time soon, like this month or so" was more like almost "this year or so" but well finally, yes like I intended, I relocated UnFreeZe2 (as well as UnFreeZe1 btw) at a new host and I even replaced with another thing. after many time thinking about this and playing with different settings and several tests I ended discarding the ctf idea, first because basically, let's face it, there's no much of a ctf scene anymore as it used to exist, but secondly and most importantly because as you're requesting yourself it would require custom maps for it to really work (the threewave maps no other than that) that as we all know from experience, now-a-days custom maps many (if not most) people don't have installed kill servers as they killed UnFreeZe2.

so when I initially answered about this I had in mind to bring some UnFreeZe-CTF cross/mix (as I mentioned) but at end after try it, it also end up not working as I had expected as even if it's possible to build ctf games on standard maps (I've done that on the past) the played awefully for all weapons setting. then what I finally did was play it much mor simple than all this and I jsut started a simple free for all spin off of the regular well know UnFreeZe server we all love here. although I know is not exactly what you requested and what i exactly had in mind (although it ended being not that different after all) it should at least adequate to your request for a "faster and more fun game with no freeze time" :)

so make sure to check it out when you have time, the new ip's (there's also ipv6 connectivity now) and connection options for this server are as follow:
  • hostname: freefun.fpsclasico.de
  • ipv4: 85.10.197.107
  • ipv6: 2a01:4f8:a0:5363:85:10:197:107
  • port: 27960 (required)
you can read more at the main thread about the new host here. best regards and sorry for the time it took to finally do something about this mate.