UnFreeZe league

fpsclasico community based events and fights.
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Vigo (Spain)

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by adminless »

yes, the six teams, two groups, second phase was the initial format suggested by liza and what it would have probably worked best until WTF pretty much withdrew/got banned and the alternative plan (i.e. this) had to be activated. as liza noted (even an actual trophy is usually given) and in my opinion, what happens on the second phase doesn't take anything away from what happened on the first phase (i.e. the league/regular season) and from the final position someone finished in this phase (i.e. there's lot more to any competition than just who ultimately tops it, there's the journey). as for the difference between ending second and third, well first of all, as said in my opinion just the mere fact of ending up no other than runner-up of the league should make a difference enough in itself and as for the next phase I know, I had also foreseen that btw but I simply preferred (intentionally) to avoid commenting on that as I don't think is such a critical thing. if you ask me now, the difference for the next phase between the second and the third (as well as the first and the fourth btw) should be in the form of the "pitch" (i.e. the map) factor with something like a more favorable order and/or a more favorable tie-breaker for the higher ranked team on the first phase (at any stage). as I said, I don't think is such a critical thing (though probably a interesting one) beside I don't do the fight organization itself thus I prefer to leave that for yourselves to decide rather than calling myself that too though probably something like that it should be interesting that you consider when you'll schedule the finals.

User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Vigo (Spain)

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by adminless »

ok so finally the regular season came to an end with a very disputed and exciting ILM clan against oKo clan fight that resulted on a 2:1 victory for ILM after two 10:9 epic games, very well played both. finally q3dm14 supposedly oKo pick I guess has been played and surprisingly although it wasn't a really fast paced game it beat the expectation and it even led to a very interesting and memorable game with great plays that ILM finally ended up taking on the very last round through pretty much individual superiority despite the clear (in comparison) superior team play of oKo led by a immense orgi performance. on the other hard things turned around on q3dm8 supposedly ILM clan pick I guess where this time the superior (in comparison) team play of oKo prevailed over the mostly individual play of ILM once again on the very last round of a very disputed map. with the score tied overkill showed to settle the scores and probably whoever made the call of agreeing overkill as tie-breaker on the end of oKo made a mistake as it was clear oKo lacked the team play experience and strength they had on other more common maps and that kept them on the fight here which led ILM to mostly outplay them individually to end up taking the second and final point of the league for a very well deserved and hard earned final third place of the league. on the other hand the loss doesn't really change anything for oKo that was fourth before the fight and remains fourth meaning that on the next phase will have to face undefeated regular season champions Sbornaya Rossii on a play-off win-or-go-home fight hopefully next week if everything goes right. ultimately a 2:0 for any of both teams did not happen with means that finally the highly desired and rewarded runner-up place of the league remains for team community A that then will face ILM clan the next week on another kind of small final. ok then with this the regular season finish, thank you very much to everybody for participate and fully completing the competition without incidents, great job. on my end I hope nobody got upset with the commissioning job, at the end of the day I believe all the changes I introduced were for a good reason and ultimately they even proved to be necessary to help make the experience better overall for a fact/real so now that things have ended with the regular season if someone have some issues with any of the commissioning or pretty much just anything else related with the competition, I'm open to any critics/feedback/complains/appeals and/or just anything else you wanna discuss about it here.

other than that on the individual side to complete the league I also selected a best sixth now based on a mix of observation as well as synthetic analysis as usual thus finally the best sixth for this edition that I'll name is ixsy , ^{BLACK}NASTIA , fau , [ILM]^Blaze , ixxaaa , plumse with ixsy as mvp of the league as I had already named him the past week and in that order so congrats to all of them too on a epic performance all over the league, great games.

ref notes: none just a little lag spikes here and there, particularity from player ninja, but not even anything really remarkable just the usual stuff. additionally this fight has also already been played with no in-game spectators per request/agreement from both parts although it wasn't strictly required so far though let's make this also very clear here on the very next fight it will and no spectators will be allowed in-game. extra players must wait on the gtv server at address 85.10.197.109:34760. players that flagrantly disobey this rule after proper notification/warning will be banned right on the spot and without chance for any further appellation.

ok so that's it by now as usual here or here are the demos and the vsp.fpsclasico.de stats site updated already. YouTube videos coming tomorrow on a separate thread as usual may be this time they take a little longer as they were a little longer than the average but more or less in the morning anyways.

.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv2
User lv2
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 22:24

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

!NEW! HOT ! The WTF clan is ready to fight in a deathmatch tournament with the Unfreeze team for the title of Champion !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by .WTF!P0rsche?! on Sun May 09, 2021 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv2
User lv2
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 22:24

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

The WTF clan is ready to fight in a deathmatch tournament with the Unfreeze team for the title of Champion
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv2
User lv2
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 22:24

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

ANd WAR spirit of WTF . . . . !!! Masin !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Liza
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 13:31

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by Liza »

Semifinals:
Russia (1) vs OKO (4) - TUE, May 11, 21.00 CEST.
Fau's (2) vs ILM (3) - WED, May 12, 21.00 CEST.
Best of five.
Map picks are coming.

User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Vigo (Spain)

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by adminless »

ok pass for that sent now :thumbsup:

@P0rsche lolz may be start just by making a avatar first.

nickaero
User lv3
User lv3
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 20:40

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by nickaero »

.WTF!P0rsche?! wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 19:19
!NEW! HOT ! The WTF clan is ready to fight in a deathmatch tournament with the Unfreeze team for the title of Champion !
Make an ILM artwork, make us demons or some shit

alyeti
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: !WTF.Pacman!?
Location: u.k

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by alyeti »

nickaero wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:40
.WTF!P0rsche?! wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 19:19
!NEW! HOT ! The WTF clan is ready to fight in a deathmatch tournament with the Unfreeze team for the title of Champion !
Make an ILM artwork, make us demons or some shit
Oh no your Gona tempt to make something dodgy lol

User avatar
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 18:26
in-game nick: ...jutuli...
Location: Czech Republic

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by ...jutuli... »

.WTF!P0rsche?! wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 19:19
!NEW! HOT ! The WTF clan is ready to fight in a deathmatch tournament with the Unfreeze team for the title of Champion !
This guy evidently forgot to get his pills. Again.

Liza
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 13:31

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by Liza »

Liza wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 20:39
Semifinals:
Russia (1) vs OKO (4) - TUE, May 11, 21.00 CEST.
Fau's (2) vs ILM (3) - WED, May 12, 21.00 CEST.
Best of five.
Map picks are coming.
Update. Teams decided to reschedule semifinal #2.
Fau's (2) vs ILM (3) - Thursday, May 13, 21.00 CEST.

User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Vigo (Spain)

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by adminless »

ok noted that btw by this time (less than 24 hours in advance) it should be virtually mandatory to know the map picks for the tomorrow scheduled Sbornaya Rossii vs oKo clan fight at least in the context of a best of five semi final.

Liza
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 13:31

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by Liza »

Liza wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 19:42
Liza wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 20:39
Semifinals:
Russia (1) vs OKO (4) - TUE, May 11, 21.00 CEST.
Fau's (2) vs ILM (3) - WED, May 12, 21.00 CEST.
Best of five.
Map picks are coming.
Update. Teams decided to reschedule semifinal #2.
Fau's (2) vs ILM (3) - Thursday, May 13, 21.00 CEST.
Russia (1) vs OKO (4) - TUE, May 11, 21.00 CEST.
Maps: dm14, overkill, 6++, dm13, dm7. I suggest that in case Russia leads 2-0, the 3rd map will be dm13 and the 4th 6++.
Fau's (2) vs ILM (3) - Thursday, May 13, 21.00 CEST.
Maps (but not the order): dm13, dm7, Hub3tourney1, overkill, q3dm6

User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Vigo (Spain)

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by adminless »

ok, thanks about that. no, I don't like that idea, as said, I believe the Sbornaya earned on the pitch with results (not in my head with my forecasts/predictions etc for a fact) its right to be on a position to maximize its chances to settle its semi final 3:0 reaching the grand final with a positive feeling without stress enjoying their maps and (arbitrarily) take that away from them and/or just trying to undermine that possibility somehow on the end of the commission at this time it would be unfair/lame and ultimately as I said, that, arbitrary. not trying to pick on you or anything but honestly I'm not ok with you suggesting that. you seemed mad at me because I just publicly added two maps for a new phase just to chose from because it looked something like changing the rules in the middle (i.e. arbritary, when btw it wasn't even the case but anyways) yet you're suggesting me now/ok with me forcibly changing a agreed map order right in the middle of a fight depending on the outcome? why? because the later could led to a more (unfairly) balanced outcome while the former to a more (fairly i.e. deserved/realistic) unbalanced outcome? same with also antagonizing/gaslighting for no real reason the score system I suggested before this even started and that ultimately proved to work like a charm and be necessary btw. look your argument that losing 2:0, 3:0 or anything zero gives a bad feeling to the loser when that's the real outcome is not a valid argument in the sense of a competition. losing is as the competition as is wining and who can't acknowledge/take that probably should do better staying out of competitive games and simply stick to public/casual/off-the-record games for fun. I believe that there's already more than enough (fair) balance mechanisms all over the place as to now even start changing the maps order in the middle of a fight depending on how it may seem to suit better for a involved part. I mean, I know that if I were a Sbornaya Rossii player I would sure be infuriated beyond belief if after I went all the way the season and I even turned around a penalization to end up as champion and did all the right things I reach the semi finals and even have to deal with the organization messing up with the map order to (perceptively) better suit someone else needs not because I gave a fair chance to the opponent to pick some maps that were notoriously missing on the original pool and that are also a great pick. it's not the Sbornaya fault that they pack the mvp of the league, one of the other two mvp caliber players of the league and even other of the remaining best five players of the competition for a total of three out of the best five therefor they should not be punished/undermined because of that. if you wanted to better balance that out you should have probably considered that when signing up/building the teams in the first place not now. moral of the story a competition should fairly reflect the unbalanced reality/difference (if that's really the case obviously) not create (or attempt to create) a unfair/unreal balance, matter of fact, at the end of the day that (the former) is exactly the only reason of existence and purpose of competitions. on a side note that (unbalance) was also part of the reasons why the final four was added, so there's something else to play and everybody can have fun and play someone else not just the Sbornaya.

anyways, I repeat not trying to heat this up yet again, just saying. what I look forward instead is playing the fourth game in the event of a possible 3:0 but merely off-the-record if everybody agrees/is available/interested as usual but always keeping in mind that the official fight result would remain 3:0 regardless of what happens there.

Liza
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 13:31

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by Liza »

Ok