UnFreeZe league

UnFreeZe League 2021 History - ILM Clan Lineal Champions
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe tournament

Post by Liza »

Some thoughts about dates selection.

We will not be able to hold the tournament while negotiating dates with every team member. I suggest the following process. I give a 5-day period (e.g. April 2- April 6 at 21.30 CET). Both teams should choose 3 days from the period that best suit them. The teams rank them by suitability. Then, the intersection is the day of the fight. If there are several intersection days, I choose the day with higher minimal (of the 2 teams) suitability. If the suitability is the same, the closest date is the day of the fight.

I know that some of the players consider that suggestion not very competitive. However, the purpose is not to do the maximum competitiveness. The purpose is to allow key (top 100) players of the server to gain team play experience.

The team needs 6 players to apply for the tournament. But only 4 are needed to play a concrete match on a chosen day (you can play 5*5 if both teams are ready). If one of the teams can’t find 1 player on the day of the fight (only 3 players), they can take someone from the server. They should still meet the restrictions (sum of the bucket numbers should be between 8 and 12).

I understand that some periods could be challenging for team leaders. And that would decrease the chances of such teams. You need to accept that. Teams with higher motivation and discipline are in a more favorable position by these rules.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

I think to allow as many players as possible to play in a tournament setting and get semi-competitive experience, a draft tournament is the best option. There is a single date (event usually takes few hours), no chance for delay/no-show and players needs to do no preparation beforehand. Only drawback is that you need to reserve several hours on weekend. But it's your tournament, just giving a suggestion.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Ok that's settled then, I am in bucket 20 once you get there ....
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Hi Liza, I little bit miss this thread until you asked me yesterday. I dont understand fully these buckets and etc., but if there will be some casual team fight, I am in. Little notice - some players, you mentioned, use different nicknames in game and two players in the list could be just one in fact. I will not point on particular ppl... ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

don't worry for some casual fight you have this Saturday 19:00 CET a team UnFreeZe meeting so I'll count you in (I mean, I'll just send you a invitation here by PM as usual, ultimately attend at your sole discretion, it's not like there's a obligation).
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

A lot of players are unavailable on easter holidays. So, the first available date for the tournament is April 6, 2021 (teams will negotiate the exact date as described before). Some of the players can't play on weekends. So all the games will be from Monday to Friday. I guess 21.30 CET is the ideal time to play.

I am still waiting for players list from all of the clans. Also, I need 6 more players to complete the list of players w/o a clan.

I hoped some players could organize a team on their own. However, it did not happen (though there were some attempts). So, the draft will take place (as suggested by some of the players).

P.S. Jutuli, I need some app to have the ability to contact you quickly. And your future team will need it too.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Liza wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:22 A lot of players are unavailable on easter holidays. So, the first available date for the tournament is April 6, 2021 (teams will negotiate the exact date as described before). Some of the players can't play on weekends. So all the games will be from Monday to Friday. I guess 21.30 CET is the ideal time to play.

I am still waiting for players list from all of the clans. Also, I need 6 more players to complete the list of players w/o a clan.

I hoped some players could organize a team on their own. However, it did not happen (though there were some attempts). So, the draft will take place (as suggested by some of the players).

P.S. Jutuli, I need some app to have the ability to contact you quickly. And your future team will need it too.
From clans? Just mix everyone up I think but put Porsche and magi on same team lol
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

Liza wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:22 P.S. Jutuli, I need some app to have the ability to contact you quickly. And your future team will need it too.
What app you use or mean? I dont use any discord, fbook, tspeak or something "social"... I am not online all the day and I dont want to. Sometimes I use Viber with my kids, but thats all...
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I guess quick communication could be required to discuss the day of the match with your teammates.
You can contact me here
Liza#7889 – discord account
@Q3Unfreezebot – telegram bot
You do not need enter the Group or smth that will annoy you.
Viber will deanonimize you, which is not people here usually want.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I need some help to contact some of the players and ask if they are ready for team tournament.
At the moment I have 13 players (who expressed their will) excluding clans. We need 18 players to determine 6 teams. So we need at least 5 more players. OKO, WTF, ILM clans have the team and are ready to play.

I need to contact: Klar, Rohadjmeg, TNT, silver, S@ymon, Isten Fasza, Ziggy, Mr.Smith, Laskens, EvilDave, UA.Sonic, Cyproxicus, Lotux, Pier No Doy, SaltyPeanut.

If someone sees them, please, say to them.

There are players, I am waiting for answer/confirmation: pks, Dr.Green

P.S. I could easily forget someone.
Last edited by Liza on Tue Mar 30, 2021 21:45, edited 2 times in total.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

@adminless Could you recommend the map list for 4*4 or 5*5 team games?
In my view, we can
include: 6++, bloodcovenant, pro-q3dm6 pro-q3tourney2, phantq3dm1_rev (?), 7++, ospdm1, phantq3dm3_rev, overkill, estatica, hub3tourney1, japandm, mrcq3t4, ospdm6, ospdm8, pro-dcmap7, pro-q3dm13, pro-q3tourney4, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm11, q3dm7 q3dm8, rpg3dm2

exclude: hektik_b3, pukka3tourney2, focal_p132, q3dm9, q3tourney1, ztn3tourney1, q3tourney3, q3tourney6, q3dm5, q3dm1 q3dm2 q3dm3 q3dm4, hub3aeroq3, ospdm2, q3dm10, q3dm12 q3dm14 q3dm16 q3dm17 q3dm18, qxtourney1

P.S. some of the included maps could be too small for 5*5 or too large for 4*4
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

for 4vs4/5vs5 to play competitively I'd probably say something like q3dm7, q3dm8, q3dm11, q3dm14, pro-q3dm6, pro-q3dm13, pro-q3tourney2, pro-q3tourney7, 6++, 7++, bloodcovenant, focal_p132, hektik_b3, hub3tourney1, overkill and phantq3dm1_rev.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

Liza wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 17:15 I guess quick communication could be required to discuss the day of the match with your teammates.
You can contact me here
Liza#7889 – discord account
@Q3Unfreezebot – telegram bot
You do not need enter the Group or smth that will annoy you.
Viber will deanonimize you, which is not people here usually want.
I found out I have an account od Discord, but I did not use it, so I think it is prdel#7671 . But I use only browser client version, so I dont know if it is a good way to contact me, I not check this regularly... Sorry, but I will not install any communication software only because q3 playing. You can contact me thru this forum, I am here at least once per day.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I need a confirmation from (players that confirmed only in game chat):
@dp
@SaltyPeanut
@pks
and from:
@Miroslav (see discord suggestions)
pks
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pks »

Thanks @Liza for organizing this and for being so persistent :-) I'd be up for such a tournament -- but that of course depends on the dates!