Other mods on Unfreeze (frozen models problems)

User's Guides & Help forum.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Other mods on Unfreeze (frozen models problems)

Post by Agi »

good, I'm not using your game client, is there some way to get the teamoverlay working?

yes, the original teamoverlay code in Quake III Arena was broken so I modified which means that it stopped working "as-is" for people not using the provided files. anyways those who opted to use their own files probably will still be able to enable such functionality with the following sample console commands:
KOD: ZAZNACZ CAŁY

\setu teamoverlay2 ""
\cg_drawteamoverlay 1
\teamoverlay2 1
I have other other mod problem. I think this will be similar answer and probably command.

I have noticed that other mods don't treat Unfreeze TDM as TDM freezetag. So gibs (frozen models) don't have displayed names. Mod treat them like dead objects, not frozen players.

It's difficult from perspective of person who don't see names of frozen players and needs to pick random models to unfreeze. Sometimes its really important to pick better player to melt first...

In summary - i think I cant change it with any command, because mod need to recieve information from server side. It's there any command for it.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Other mods on Unfreeze (frozen models problems)

Post by adminless »

initially I don't exactly recall it from memory so I can be wrong but it seems to me that you're just using a mod that either doesn't support ftag or whose gametype identification tag mismatch here so it just take frozen bodies (i.e. bodies with health lower than 0) as mere corpses that are no longer part of the game. unfortunately the information of the frozen bodies is just sent fully like that always, there's no special commands or parameters to get any extra information out of them so the problem seems to arise more on what I told, how your mod interpreted such information instead. as said, I can be wrong but more or less that's what I can remember and unfortunately at the time of writing I don't think there's anything you can do about it other than using the official provided well know and tested packages.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Other mods on Unfreeze (frozen models problems)

Post by Agi »

I use just really popular mod, not making here advertisement, but on other freezetags it work properly (unfreeze masters duels).

I think this "***" mod just stays confused because gametype. It's not seeing it as frozen players, just gibs. Somehow gametype TDM and freeztag are different for this mod.

Recently I saw that unfreeze mod has been updated and bright models are added, it was really only reason why i didn't use Unfreeze. Because players weren't visible enough for me. Therefore I saw yesterday The Undead streaming of Unfreeze and I'm pretty much curious about trying again.