Unlagged or netcode bugging

Other Reports Discussion forum.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Unlagged or netcode bugging

Post by tar »

Aloha,

in the very morning of November 19th I played with Bnobek for around 1-2 hours. He has a ping of around 120-150 ms with some peaks which made him stutter but he was able to hit me like he had a ping of 30-50 ms, esp. with shaft and rail and sometimes when I already walked around a corner. Is this the result of the unlagged code or is this intentional netcode bugging?
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Unlagged or netcode bugging

Post by adminless »

nope that sounds like good unlagged code working there to me, I mean what you're writing there is exactly what the unlagged code is supposed to do, allow everybody to play with the instant weapons (mg, sg, lg & rg) the same way with independence of what their ping is. as a consequence of this, some hits can become inconsistent in the receiving end, nevertheless it happens both ways.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

I am still not convinced that someone with 110 ms can hit better rail or shaft than one with 30 ms and I am beginning to think that Bnobek is using some kind of bug or hack, esp. when his rails always hit in the middle of my model regardless which direction I move while he is much harder to hit due to its stuttering. Thats odd.
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

don't know without watching him is hard (impossible) to tell, post a demo.

so far his stats doesn't really return anything solid, I mean, they look average for the most part, accuracy typically in the 20-25 range, some occasional spikes at 30 (that yes sure while is hard to archive isn't definitive anything really solid), average kill ratios (no significative spikes) and yes while he's your worst enemy the overall exchange efficiency is on average from other of your enemies (like silver or ng for example). furthermore this guy is playing from a gsm connection (yes old school gsm mobile network, 3g or similar, not even 4g or just some low-cost wi-fi/radio wan) which definitively gives consistency to all those connection problems you're mentioning (those are the networks which were designed for sms or what's app at most from the wap era, early 2000's technology). these are the guys that benefit the most from unlagged compensation techniques (since they actually do lag, if you're unlagged already, or just minimally lagged, 20-40, then obviously there's no going to be much to unlag).

nevertheless that being said of course he could be cheating anyways but so far without closely watching him or something I don't have anything solid that points in that direction.

later mate
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

i think we should not get paranoid even after catching cheaters on regular basis

his connection sucks and it might look worse to an opponent trying to hit him than it does look for him.

so he is difficult to hit but because of unlagged he can still hit well. thats like an unwanted advantage for him but still he plays with a sucky connection. so whenever he is in a rocket duel opponent will likely be superior...

i just played him and had the same experience but he is not cheating as far as i can tell
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Within the last days I have to say that I am beginning to hate to play against this unfair advantage as he hits 90% rail in the most unusual situations while you cannot notice his actual position. Spectating him is a pain in the arse as you cannot say if he is actually aiming or if the mouse is just jumping on the enemy. I would not say a word but it is ridiculous when someone with a ping three times higher than the most experienced players ranks them out due to this stuttering.
newb.zi (stats · system)
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

I wont agree with you tartar quickly, but on this topic I do. He is unplayable opponent in my opinion.

YS
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I understand well give it some time (I know it's not really gonna change anything but anyways) and I believe that if this continue to be a important issue I can just disallow that particular isp at the server for not meeting a reasonable minimum network quality by "nowadays" (i.e. 2010's) standards. let me know (you and/or more people).