Vasten

Other Reports Discussion forum.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: Vasten

Post by PacMan »

This thread is nonsense let him. Play , all of you score high enuf so what's problem
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

adminless wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 17:27 to the best of my knowledge (i.e. unless I've made a mistake/missed something) the server actually ignores any kind of regular Quake III Arena settings so unless he is generating the lags trough special/advanced means (which I don't think is the case) it's why I'm telling you that most likely than not he just legit lags. to me he just looks like a random kid that probably doesn't even understand English yet playing from the lowest end mobile connection commercially available with a expired data plan, no good. if the problem escalates so much I probably can just ban him for a couple of days and see if by we can get some more information with that.
What I remember, if I changed some of the mentioned params (rate or snaps, not sure), I have got a much better ping, but others start to complain on me warping. But frankly I am not sure what one and it is relatively long time ago (but here on Unfreeze). I will try some changes to see what happens.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

try but even if you were to make any difference (which I doubt but let's say on normal circumstances) it would never be as bad/extreme as your putting it. you can have as example semisek which from time to time (somehow regularly and sometimes even at major events) also lags that bad and we know for a fact he ain't doing it on purpose/doesn't have any kind of shitty settings/installation but his connection is just that bad. I can tell you for a fact (again to the best of my knowledge) that kind of lag (+200 ms ping extreme packet loss/wrapping) can only be accomplished through isp grade means (i.e. as said a expired data plan for example will behave like that as well as poor rooting/uplinks or congested antennas on the isp end) and/or completely broken hardware which I understand are very possible but outside the repertoire of the usual random player (i.e just the "normal" settings as you're putting it). it would also be interesting to see how his connection turns out on day one when the data cycle generally resets.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless

Vasten is back since yesterday Saturday October 02, 2021 and nothing has changed, his ping is still shitty with incomprehensible variations and already many players complain after him because he is particularly unplayable and at times makes the game unpleasant (to be polished)

to answer your previous post, yes it happens that Semisek or others is a failing ping, but it is not constant for them it is just occasional, whereas for Vasten it is constantly the case ...

In addition he does not even bother to explain or apologize for it whether in game via the chat or here on the forum, while he has been repeatedly warned that several players had posted on the forum to complain about its crappy ping, I find that heartbreaking ...

I understand that you don't want to ban him temporarily for that, but I don't think he does any good for the servers by disgusting people to find themselves in front of him, if you have a solution is will be welcome ...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

imprecise wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 13:50 Hi Adminless

Vasten is back since yesterday Saturday October 02, 2021 and nothing has changed, his ping is still shitty with incomprehensible variations and already many players complain after him because he is particularly unplayable and at times makes the game unpleasant (to be polished)

to answer your previous post, yes it happens that Semisek or others is a failing ping, but it is not constant for them it is just occasional, whereas for Vasten it is constantly the case ...

In addition he does not even bother to explain or apologize for it whether in game via the chat or here on the forum, while he has been repeatedly warned that several players had posted on the forum to complain about its crappy ping, I find that heartbreaking ...

I understand that you don't want to ban him temporarily for that, but I don't think he does any good for the servers by disgusting people to find themselves in front of him, if you have a solution is will be welcome ...
This is not a serious post, you want ban him for his ping? Or because he becomes hard to hit?
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

He could have some bad settings (rate/snaps etc.). It could be not just because of ping, there are more ppl with high ping regularly playing and never warp. The problem is he don't speak and don't listen, he either doesn't understand or doesn't want to reply.
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

We laugh about the challenge of hitting him with a rail, that being said, banning him would be mean.
He might not know what we are saying or how to do anything but walk and pull the trigger.
Let the poor laggy foo play.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless

Tuesday after noon October 12, 2021, I saw Vasten playing on the servers with a stable ping around 56 ms, no lag on his part ...

This proves to us that he is able to have a correct connection when he wants it and that when he connects with a huge lag, it is I suppose it because he is downloading at the same time or for some other reason than I don't know and that he does not communicate to us ...

I would like this to be taken into account if it connects again with a tremendous lag ... Thanks in advance
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"