No votes

Total votes: 4

fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: lags/server freeze

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hi adminless,

i played tonight. i had the following issue: suddenly at some point on dm11 i could not rocket jump anymore because i could not use "splash damage" from my rocket launcher. i know i cant inflict damage to myself but it was like i was not shooting at all. i could not rocket jump anymore. after map change it went back to normal and stayed like that.

best regards,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: suspected cheater "Dogma" on 55-unfreeze

Post by adminless »

yes I still have to better track that bug but lately it seems like for some reason or another I couldn't get to find the time, sorry about that. that's the same bug tar reported here and that i already tracked (thought not completely I guess hehe) other times nevertheless it's only happening very very rarely and even so as you can see just reconnecting should fix it (or so I hope). let's see if for the first half of december or so, I believe more important to release the mod v1.1 first and consolidate the new servers changes after the incident and do some regular maintenance follow-up for some days that are things that I estimate to have a bigger impact than this particular issue (without making it less because of this, just saying).

anyways thanks for report
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: suspected cheater "Dogma" on 55-unfreeze

Post by adminless »

ok finally as mentioned on my previous post, well I missed the UnFreeZe client 1.1 release hehe (not really that important it would be the same current thing just packaged, re-scheduled for somewhere this winter), I went for that infamous triple patch in the first week of december and after about a month, of course I haven't been dedicated completely 43200 whole minutes to ensure that this haven't failed any single time, but so far I haven't found any more problems relating this issue and overall I haven't "heard" of anymore collision complains and things have been looking pretty consolidated and good lately so I think that until this doesn't fail again it's fair to assume this is as finally fixed for real.

as a random funny fact know that for the most part the previous double patch was in place as expected, in fact when working around this I wasn't even able to break it (trivially) on purpose so I simply added a couple of redundant safe measures and checks just in (rare) case that I believe that finally did it.

so hope that's it :D