what are your favorite glacius custom maps?

UnFreeZe Game Servers Polls forum.

Poll ended at Sun Sep 09, 2018 13:39

7++
8%
bloodcovenant
6%
estatica
8%
focal_p132
3%
hektik_b3
6%
hub3tourney1
6%
japandm
6%
mrcq3t4
3%
ospdm1
3%
ospdm2
3%
ospdm6
6%
ospdm8
6%
overkill
14%
phantq3dm1_rev
6%
pro-dcmap7
6%
pro-q3tourney7
14%

Total votes: 36

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hello people

poll here to check what custom maps you have installed and like for this mod. at the moment the current status of custom maps is, tried (overkill most popular custom map) result in dead server so by now (september 2017) I'll leave things as are now. on UnFreeZe1 I won't add anything that breaks compatibility but it's possible that I give this a more polished go in the future (middle term) for UnFreeZe2 (as it was the initial intention) if it looks like there's enough interest so please feel free to vote for your maps and/or request another good popular ones.

map downloads: ftp://ftp.fpsclasico.de/old/public/maps/dm/
kaba777
User lv1
User lv1

Re: what custom maps you have installed and like for this mod?

Post by kaba777 »

not the list: ospdm7
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe thanks for the suggestion unfortunately as you can see so far there's no much interest in this topic so by now I'm not gonna put (waste) time here tuning things where the hot topics are anywhere else if on the future this gets going at least a bit (that to be honest, I don't see happening) I could make some adjustments as always however I'm not so sure ospdm7 would be a good choice for here in particular (that looks more like a cpma map to me, too many teleporters and definitively only for mid full server), anyways just saying.

see you mate
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

Hi,

when will we get some other maps? I find this rotation boring.

YS
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

on UnFreeZe2 you mean?
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

no, Unfreeze1. UnFreeZe2 has maps, but no players. And rly there is no correlation. People leave for all kinds of reasons, never heard reason of too many or variation in maps. Pbly ifyou rename 1to2 and 2to1,we will all be at 1.

Ys
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey I believe that we already discussed this (custom maps on UnFreeZe1) long enough, anyways I've just also addressed that very same issue on this post here today, so you can better read my explanation about the issue there.

beside as you're saying if UnFreeZe2 has the maps and rotation and settings and basically everything to be even a bigger hit on the paper but in reality it has no players at all perhaps that tells you something, this is that those maps don't actually work in reality for public servers where more than a half of the people are just casuals/free roamers. I believe that the plan is quite straight forward UnFreeZe1 and UnFreeZe2 are providing a clear alternative of game that people can freely choose from between custom maps and standard maps everyday so people can freely chose where they want to play themselves. it happens this time that people is clearly choosing the standard maps, that's the way to do it, thus I have no right whatsoever in using my privileges here to force everybody into an arbitrary map selection they have cast aside, I insist I'm even not allowed to do that (chose a arbitrary map I want) under no circumstance and no matter what the reason is (only exception is a technical reason, i.e. server crashed and it required to cycle a map).

as a advice I would suggest you (the guys who have been requesting this, in reality perhaps just 5/8 players most, you, zealot, kaba and may be a few more) to go play against each other at UnFreeZe2 because I believe that mostly that's what that would lead too. perhaps you can organize yourselves in a meet up thread in the forums or something like that and then start by that.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, guys re-opened this poll following the addition of the new "glacius" server (glacius.fpsclasico.eu:27961). please cast/re-cast/change your votes for this season and feel free to leave your comments here. also as with the other map polls here, please remember that this just a opinion poll, while I take in consideration its results I'm no obliged to act on them.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, relaunched this poll with the addition of pro-dcmap7 to the rotation as requested by some then please re-cast your votes.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: what are your favorite glacius custom maps?

Post by adminless »

it's curious nobody voted on this poll ever but, anyways, poll updated and started again with the new japandm and estatica additions as well the 6++/bloodcovenant replacement. please cast your votes and let's see if finally we get some input here too hehe
MEGATROLL
User lv2
User lv2

Post by MEGATROLL »

6++,overkill
ospdm6,ospdm8,ospdm11
pro-q3tourney7 (almostlost),pro-dcmap7
ts_dm4,ts_dm5,ts_ca1
polo3dm5,ztn3tourney1
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as you can see the vast majority of the maps you're naming are already added. you can as well vote for them here.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Ok once I look up the maps I will vote , I can never remember which is which by name lol

But your right many players currently are "Corona" players and disappear after a while

But I think you could get away with the large CTF map in unfreeze don't know name but it's big enough I think (jump pads with water in the middle)
Krakowska
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Krakowska »