Nasty lag or what,Tar why only 100 fps???

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Re: Nasty lag or what,Tar why only 100 fps???

Post by your_sister »

Hi Tar,

deleted config and still stuck at 125. Thx, I now at least know it is outside my config ;-)

tried lots of settings in nvidia. Including your suggestion, no luck.

YS
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hi

when i connect to unfreeze server my com_maxfps setting is overwritten and set to 200 so i have 200 fps. i can change it manually (which i usually do - 125). same happens with my cl_maxpackets. it seems to be forced to 100. i manually do 125. i have a bind/ script for net settings and on unfreeze the value "125" is replaced with "..." so i am wondering if adminless forces certain settings.

would be nice to know what actually can be changed...

@your sis have u r_swapinterval set to 1 since u cant higher? have u activated vertical sync on your monitor/graphics driver?

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hey hi there dirk

sure just take a look at this post here I answered that very same question there.

see you
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

Hi Dirk,

r_swapinterval = 0. vertical sync is at fast. Similar to off. I tested completely off also. No success.

YS
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

you said that playing single player you could hit more than 125 fps but not at the server just to be on the safe side you could try temporary renaming your unfreeze folder to something else (ex: unfreeze-old) and try connecting at the server (bump your fps then if needed) and see if that way it works (later you can just delete your new unfreeze folder and replaced with the old one)
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

it is independant of config or config folder. Independant of quake engine (can test 5 different ones). All offline high fps, online max 125.

Yes funny.

YS
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

finally when using unfreeze mod I have higher fps, up to 200. Still wondering what is best setting with 144 hz screen. Not even sure if that even
matters... Some settings in between, like 166 will get stuttering, I guess because of maxpackets not set properly.

Testing all different configuration, also without the mod, it sometimes feels like flying and sometimes like running through mud. Getting the proper setup consistently is challenging. To me it seems like there are some other factors (server? number of clean players?) in play which influence this feeling?

BTW I like the mod. Aiming seems much more direct and consistent. I do need to get used to the different team/enemy colors.

YS
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know I didn't tell you anything to doesn't look like I was trying to "sell" you anything (at the end if you know that there's some files that has been tested and created specifically for this and you refuse to even try them in favor of something else different it doesn't affect me at all is your problem you'll know what you doing I'm not even gonna argue with that) or something but after what people told you/you tried the problem was clearly on the files you were using. my suggestion once again is to use the files provided here and leave them as they are (i.e. 200 fps/100 maxpackets) which seems pretty fine for your setup like I said I highly doubt you're going to do anything better here by changing those things. yes for the rest I know it takes some time is definitively not the best looking mod or the mod with the more options is mainly plug&play style xD but well, at least I believe that it gets the job done and if you don't like something or there's something wrong in particular I can always try to fix it.
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

Hi,

i wasnt looking for any argument. Just sharing my experience. And I am using the standard setup going forward.
Yes I like the mod, so thank for the work done sofar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YS
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np you know it's a public forum so don't take that personal it's a very common thing just saying mainly. cool then and glad to hear that fixes your problems :D and btw remember to update whatever I post a update then.

see you mate
Amdoro

Post by Amdoro »

Hi there nice that you find som of yours problems solved i think Tar find a solution to yours remaning problems please try this.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=78&p=441#p441

I recognized it around 2 weeks ago after I had the issues with my inconstant fps and it took me a while to figure out that r_picmip caused that.

And yes the server is running very well now good work Admin and for you players please remember its a team-dm server not a singel-dm server.

Mvh/ Amdoro
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

@ Amdoro, r_picmip did not cause the inconstant fps :) Instead, the view blocking light artifacts were caused by a too high r_picmip setting.

I fixed the inconstant fps by using the default config settings set by the unfreeze mod/server and re-installing my graphic drivers and re-setting my driver configuration, see viewtopic.php?f=17&t=62&p=385#p385.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 11, 2018 7:22.
newb.zi (stats · system)