About that map exploit

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Sakana

About that map exploit

Post by Sakana »

Hello.
About the ban in the ban section, its a bit unfair and i do apreciate the chance here to defend myself.
It's not cheat, the less informed will of consider it and the first impressions tell so ofc, but its rather.. well... another natural map bug or exploit if so it is, because its a bug whithin that map particularly. The fact it i didnt noticed i was causing so many serious trouble once, i am new on the server and we all were having fun sending grenades while i was down there...
As i told to all while i was playing a few days ago, including YourSister, i discovered that thing randomly in that map, and only works in that particular zone of that map, only withing a few seconds of lag while making a simple thing within the game window. It doesnt work on other maps with fog void because i already tried them. I wont tell here how its done, because doing so, any and everyone who can read this could easely do it all the time and we would have a player fog soup in that zone of the map and we dont want that ofc. Allthough, i can tell privately to adminless if he asks me to or wants to know how that simple "bug" works.
I hardly can see anything while down there ofc and i cant jump high while down there because the fog will take effect ofc as i told to all who were there, and i cant shoot properly, except only when ppl jump to get mega, i get the sound and the proper sync to know accuretly where to hit most of the time. So its preety easy to frag me down there sending simply grenades into the pit will do to end the situation and theres litle i can do, as many did back then with fun. I'm Sorry the inconvenience i caused and i didnt realy noticed i was making a realy bad thing because as i told, everyone was having fun and enjoying sending nades down there and we were all laughing; only a few this last time were unpleased and with obvious lack of patience and wanted to move along to the other map, as its so common nowadays... So many lack of patience and tolerance... So yeah, this is my version of the story.
For my part wont happen again and would apreciate the unban.
Thanks.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: About that map exploit

Post by adminless »

ok, I believe that you did the right thing and it seems legit to me, I mean, you didn't start trolling/hating/trash/non-sense talking (as most of the people do) instead at least you bother in pull off an apology and a give a explanation which is appreciated and you sound reasonable overall so I believe I can then give you another chance to better enjoy the server and unban you sometime tomorrow in the evening/night but hey make no mistake about this, now you fully know about this so know that no more "excuses" will be accepted ever again so if you ever run into any other kind of issue of any kind you will not get another chance.

see you
Sakana

Post by Sakana »

Thanks for your comprehension, its much apreciated.
By the way, if it helps somehow, server runs most of the time only 3 maps randomly (q3dm7, dm6 and deva station). Would be very nice to have more (classic) maps on rotation because people frequently manifest some boredom, thus, leading to get into spec or simply disconnect.
Cheers.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, unfortunately the rotation has been discussed long time (you can see here or check the polls subforum here) and to be honest those are really the only ones for some solid 10vs10 games (which I believe is what you're talking me about since for lower loads is pretty varied already, typically 5/6 maps at random) in the standard Quake III Arena assets, so long story short, I believe that we all agree that is better quality over quantity.

I believe that you should check UnFreeZe2 more often there you even have custom maps at typical hours when the main server is not full and the short version of the standard rotation when it's.
Sakana

Post by Sakana »

So i see. Thank you for the suggestions. I come to agree with you and the way server is set, actually, is the best scenario currently possible.
It's just that, in the heavy load night time period, or the 10vs10 or more players situation, could get 1 or 2 more big maps randomly included. Ex: tonight we played dm8 and after that, same map dm8 was again loaded and in an hour period, 3 times, almost in a row.
Overkill, for example, is a big quality map, everyone likes it, has huge chamber sections and its on the poll... ok... with only 2 votes... but ahead and leading a possible intention. Could easily be a good addition, as well, along with another big map pick.
It's just a suggestion of mine, not to impose anything, but many would agree perhaps, that could dinamize a bit the current map rotation, add variety and improve the game experience time itself.
By the way, i want to take the opportunity to also say thanks to you for the effort and time spent keeping up running all this servers. I just stumbled across 5unfreeze and i was instantly so pleased to see a huge Q3A player community alive after all this time. It's just pure sheer fun looking at a 10vs10 player battleground. Gets epic sometimes with so much heat produced.
Thanks once again.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np, thanks, glad to hear you enjoy the servers, that's good then :D

unfortunately no sorry I won't load anything outside of standard Quake III Arena assets in UnFreeZe1 since that would be a killer in the long run as that would break compatibility with a very large number of players (in fact if I would have already done something like that the server currently wouldn't be where is now it would be just another random server some above UnFreeZe2, haven't you wondered why UnFreeZe2 is really that unpopular? now you know, it just doesn't work for most of the time for the people and there's no any real interest in making it work either).

so that poll about custom maps is for fine tuning (in case) of UnFreeZe2, like I said, you actually already have all those maps at the regular rotation in UnFreeZe2.

see you
Sakana

Post by Sakana »

I understand and it's ok. Players stick to Unfreeze1 because they tend to deal better with familiar and simple things in general. There's a few servers here and there who still endure due to that kind of conception. Anyway, i just randomly connect for sport and fun nowadays.
Keep up the good work you've been doing.
Cheers

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 11, 2018 7:44.