cant open client

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: cant open client

Post by adminless »

not really, I'd call the vsync to a low end 60 hz monitor (which I guess is gonna be your case too) almost a desperate measure but well if you struggle real real bad and you need to cut power consumption at all cost probably it's all that is left. however, keep in mind that bellow the 60-67 fps mark the game starts to be hardly playable, it's probably a better option the 67 fps cap for the price in my opinion, but well it's always worth trying.
player

Post by player »

I tried to do timedemo 1, demo four, but I get "that is not a unfreeze server" error message, is there a way to test fps?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

may fix at some point at the moment no. what you can do instead is just record your own UnFreeZe demo (connect to any of the servers and type "\record" to record you, probably best idea at some pro-q3tourney4 map) and then timedemo that to test the fps (\timedemo 1; \demo demo0000 typically or whatever is the name of the demo you created). let me know if you can't get it to work or someting. another possibility can be on the future replace the demo four included in Quake III Arena by a custom one from here, but for that I need a good one hahaha
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok done, I finally recorded my noob testing self killing some bots at pro-q3tourney4 while we don't get anything better as a demo four replacement to run the timedemo hahaha you just need to get this file here and put it on your unfreeze folder. it's nothing special but at least it should do the job, check it out.
player

Post by player »

hey, I just run the demo. Graphics is set to fastest, I get 215 fps with lightmap and 274 with vertex, I guess that's smooth enough according to my pc specs :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

indeed I guess that you're not lagging anymore, that's good.