Teamoverlay not working

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: Teamoverlay not working

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hqaha so easy...i was too scared to change anything again :-)

thank you
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Teamoverlay not working

Post by adminless »

hurrenson wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 18:03 So i ran the file you provided and same thing. Hud elements off in y axis. I then made sure to run it in a clean environment. Without any cfg and unnecessary pk3. Therefore it startet with super low res 640/480 or whatever. And it looked fine. Then using higher res it didn't. The problem is the aspect ratio. I'm running the game usually on an older secondary monitor @ 1280*1024 which is 5:4. I assume your mod has issues regarding this aspect ratio? Now i use

Code: Select all

r_customwidth 1280
r_customheight 960
r_mode -1
to get a 4:3 ratio and it works fine.

Sorry to make you write a whole novel when the problem was quite trivial in the end. Although it would be nice if the mod worked 100% with 5:4 ratio :D
hello buddy just updated the client gamemod with this fixed as I had said that I would. hehe it took me sometime today and yesterday I've been quite busy with the server things, anyways now it's done I've been testing it before in 1280x1024 and now it looks sweet :D the next month or so I hope I'll push another final ioQuake3 patch update with this also tweaked.

btw it finally turned out that it wasn't that I had forgot I ignored that yes it turned out that support for wide screens in quake 3 is basic but support for "square" (squarer than 4:3) screen is inexistent in quake 3 so I just had checked the cross fix I told and did nothing more, normal it didn't work hehe well now I added the code for that and I believe that it should be working good, check it out. also as a side note I don't know how you did it in 1280x1024 even the menus were "broken" (off-screen) that last version also contains a quick patched user interface for any resolution.

check the downloads post for more: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11