Barry banned for reacting to nonsense

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Barry

Barry banned for reacting to nonsense

Post by Barry »

Hello,

today i found out i was banned. The only reason i could think of is the argument with ouinp of yesterday.

It was in q3dm6, and i was in team with ouinp. I was the only one alive of my team, against the whole enemy team, and i was down on pillars, with at least 5 or 6 opponents jumping over my head and being overall in this area, looking for me. Of course i didn't move and i remained unseen, so if they went in another area, i could then try to find some mate to unfreeze etc. .

Now, here ouinp comes in the thing: we argued in the past, so he doesn't like me. He was frozen like all my mates, and he shamelessly spoiled my position on pillars to the enemies, and so i died and our team lost the round instantly.

Having seen this, i shot ouinp some times to remember him that he is not allowed to do such a thing , only because he hates me and found a spot where to annoy me, and to not do it again.

Take into account that sometimes, with some players, you cannot avoid making them understand that they have to stop it.
And i will not make their names - some of them have already been told - because i don't like bans when cheating is not involved, and i'm not even the spy-like guy, or the guy who tries to exploit the situation in order to make someone he doesn't like be banned.

I would like to attach the demo, but still didn't figure out how to send it.

For sure, i know i was right. If you're happy banning me for this, then whatever.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Barry banned for reacting to nonsense

Post by tar »

The only reason i could think of is the argument with ouinp of yesterday.
I guess, Ouunp had a bad day yesterday :lol: He argued with my about the ethical behaviour of not letting him sneak stealing RA because I had 200/100 while he had 80/0. But that's another topic.
Of course i didn't move and i remained unseen, so if they went in another area, i could then try to find some mate to unfreeze etc.
Sorry to inform you that this is not Counterstrike where you should constantly hide and sneak around in order to get more money for the next match. Consider that all other players have to wait and all their stats suffer from that style of gameplay until you finally decide to make your move - probably only to run and hide again soon afterwards - while winning rounds is absolutely pointless from the statistics perspective.
I would like to attach the demo, but still didn't figure out how to send it.
In the full editor mode you have the attachment tab below the editor. There you can upload .dm_68-files.
newb.zi (stats · system)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Pff, newb.zi, trying to hide hate and anger under pseudo-politeness.

Don't even talk to me: you, on half january, threatened me of making me be banned after this:

1) You got killed by me
2) You reacted badly, saying me not to camp, 2it's not cs" etc. etc. (whihc, translated from childish to normal language, means "don't kill me, i will be tremendously upsrt about it!")
3) I replied that you're the first camper in the game, so don't talk
4) You started team shooting me on ra of grim dungeons to steal the armor from me and to annoy me in general
5) I replied to your fire, and then you said "i am registering, i will make you be banned"
6) so i said to you that i was recording as well, so your behavior, your true colors would easily come out

You wanted to exploit the admin in order to make someone you don't like (only because you got killed in a game...) be banned
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

nah it's simpler than all that unless things gets really serious or escalate at a widespread level (so a action is required) it's not my business to get into the personal issues between players it simply happened that you seemed to pretty much hate the server with a passion so I felt like making you the favor of ban you here so you wouldn't have to suffer the excruciating pain that you feel when playing here, seriously, I'm actually surprised that you bother in droping a message here about it. in addition I also noticed that you rarely (in comparison) played (you used to be if not most, lot of of time on spec/chat only, more than playing) and that you were also quarreling with other players/misusing the server (as you're reporting here yourself) so in few words you seemed completely done with the server and more interested in non-sense talking than actually enjoy (in fact you wasn't) the game then before the non-sense went even further I took action, this is not a chat room (sure it's always cool to have a conversation and socialize with the rest of the players and be yourself and hang out there for a while and all that but it's not sense join the server just to play a couple of games and brag about them) and the server doesn't have those much slots to waste on people who isn't even interested.

well since you surprisingly bother in contacting me about I'll understand that as you still hold some interest in the server thus I replaced your ban with a chat ban while writing this, people is completely free to say whatever people wants, whatever, that's cool, that's completely fine but at the same time that same people must be coherent with the words they are saying, if you dislike a particular gametype do not play it, so as long as you don't run into other issues I'll just leave it in a chat ban as I'm not gonna keep reading more non-sense, you already expressed your profound dislike for the server enough and go anywhere beyond that is simply spam.

and to be able to upload something to the server (i.e. use attachments) you need a account at least (note he is posting as a guest, not registered) as it would be too reckless otherwise for the board to accept files from "anonymous" people.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Pff, newb.zi, trying to hide hate and anger under pseudo-politeness.
Guess, who is angry here.
1) You got killed by me
Oh noooo! Why do I not find a corresponding entry in my diary for that? :?
2) You reacted badly, saying me not to camp, 2it's not cs" etc. etc. (whihc, translated from childish to normal language, means "don't kill me, i will be tremendously upsrt about it!")
Please, do not begin to question your style of playing, even after Ouunp is fed up with it. ;)
3) I replied that you're the first camper in the game, so don't talk
c o n f u s e d q u e s t i o n m a r k a b o v e m y h e a d
4) You started team shooting me on ra of grim dungeons to steal the armor from me and to annoy me in general
You started it :roll:
5) I replied to your fire, and then you said "i am registering, i will make you be banned"
If that would be true: Where exactly is the corresponding topic here regarding that situation that I would have started? :lol:
6) so i said to you that i was recording as well, so your behavior, your true colors would easily come out
I hope it is beige.
You wanted to exploit the admin in order to make someone you don't like (only because you got killed in a game...) be banned
Err, ye. I must not forget to make the monthly transfer either. :P
newb.zi (stats · system)
Barry

Post by Barry »

What?? i always said that freeze tag is ok for me like it can be ctf, but that is not the best mode normally and i like another one. I also said that i cannot play it over and over. This in different conversations, etc. Am i not allowed to say... this?? What is, mode-fascism??
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just joining here and quarreling like that with other users isn't going to make the things any better for you, if you're looking for arguments/personal wars or whatever go somewhere else that will only get you banned here. so so far I believe I already answered your inquire and you should be able to join again then if you hold any interest in playing here behave or that way you'll only get banned again here.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

buddy is not problem weather you want to understand it or not I'm not gonna waste any more time explaining it for you.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

and also btw guys let me know if he finally ends up misusing the server once in-game too as it also seemed to be the issue.
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pyron83 »

erm I don't totally know the matter, but Barry often talked to me (he was spectating, and I was speaking while frozen) in italian, because well we're 2 of the few italian speaking speakers here.

We weren't quarreling about anything, most of the time: speaking about Quake Live, memories of Quake 3, other game modes, etc
But nothing specifically against this server: he often praised CTF, but that's definitely not against the server policies (BTW I hate CTF, but maybe just cause I suck at it :D :D :D)

I remember that he had some feuds with other players (Musin, Newb, etc) sometimes, but I didn't find those feuds so much worse than the others...
I mean Nastia-Newb-Ouunp-Musin-Facehugger-YS-etc-etc often quarrel between each other, but they never got banned for this. Or maybe yes, Face got banned temporarily a couple of times :D :D :D

Just saying, I try to avoid verbal fights at all cost for my own wellbeing, even if sometimes I used to a rage bit when I got frustrated and I accused of random cheating (lately a lot less, almost never :D). But I believe it was just my frustration, then sorry for it ;)

HF
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}
steffo
User lv2
User lv2

Post by steffo »

Guys, don't bother about this guy.. he raged against the whole pub CTF scene in quake live.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

haha good to know, he definitively seemed of that kind, anyways just 5 mins. after he got chat (not in-game) banned he went away and didn't come back anymore (which basically come to prove right the initial suspect that he was just more interested in chat fights and picking arguments than in actual in-game fights and basically enjoy the server) so no big deal.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 11, 2018 6:53.