in short not a lot changed from v20.4 (as it should be expected I guess) just a few (but very meaningful things I think) things were added:
- improved the game visibility (particularly of the models) into absurd/cheat levels. controllable with the r_fixedlight client variable, defaults (and probably safe max) to 153 but feel free to increase it/decrease it as you see fit. r_fixedlight -1 gives back normal vq3 model lightning.
- add another visual improvement to the hardcore settings.
- completed the entire single player out of new custom maps. the six new tier being the so called UnFreeZe tier and the introduction and final maps just being a couple of extra maps.
- added a new local training mode to step up your game and just for pure fun and Rocket Arena 3 nostalgia.
for the rest the model improvement is now of superior quality compared to the quick fix I previously posted (so it's definitively worth checking) and as for the completed custom single player I believe that it was a must. beyond a temporal solution I believe that people wouldn't understand it other way and like I said at other posts I think that it's handy to have a few extra maps ready to drop at glacius in case of need in the long run (and not wait until they are needed and people don't have them). so fire a couple of single player games and in the near future vote for your favorites of those that are not in glacius on a poll I'll open for that. the winner/s of the poll will probably be added to glacius.
as for the new training mode I think that it's also worth checking out. now the client includes the \exec training1 and \exec training2 commands to load some fun local ra3 alike training sessions, make sure to not miss that and step up your vicious combos and movements. on the near future I'll probably also look forward adding those training modes in online servers at the spare nbg2 cpu so you can even meet there and train with each other rather than against the bots and also for some Rocket Arena 3 alike nostalgia.
- Quake III Arena UnFreeZe Client 2020.5 edition: ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip