new ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip package is out now, please get yourself a copy and update your installation for best and complete experience.

new ipv6 address he-ipv6.fpsclasico.de

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

new ipv6 address he-ipv6.fpsclasico.de

Post by adminless »

ok so as a final bonus for this season server rework I also added this week a new ipv6 address for the servers, 2001:470:1f0b:352::1 or preferably just he-ipv6.fpsclasico.eu, in a effort to improve its ipv6 connectivity. with this I believe that finally the ipv6 connectivity of the server has reached fully production grade status and with currently two different ipv6 routes it should have caught up and probably excess its ipv4 connectivity. as usual with alternative routes don't expect any miracle overall I checked most notable routes and results range from a couple of msecs better to some msecs worse, that's it, typically the same/marginally different from the main route. however that doesn't mean that on your particular route it can make a larger difference so give ti and try and check it for yourself if you happen to have ipv6 connectivity already.

as usual, unless you get a significant difference it's generally recommended to stick with the main route (2a01:4f8:a0:5001:85:10:203:89 - unfreeze.fpsclasico.eu) as it will probably experience less issues and also both routes has been added to the in-game browser for usability. you can differentiate them (at the moment) as with the different ipv4 routes by looking the banner the server prints with its ip once connected. and that's it I believe that this should complete this year network and help the server keep going for another season hopefully all that is left is lets see if i finally put together that client that I left aside when dealing with this. anyways I believe that probably improve/maintain the servers will have a bigger positive impact than just releasing a new client some months early or before. let's hope I have it within one or two months as much.

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: new ipv6 address he-ipv6.fpsclasico.de

Post by adminless »

ok, report here that this alternative spare free (i.e. suboptimal) ipv6 route for the main servers has been replaced by a new definitive one at the new alternative host I've been messing around with lately, 2a03:4000:3f:1f4:85:10:203:89 (unfreeze.fpsclasico.eu - 27961 port for the secondary server as usual). so please make sure to check it out those (few) that run the game via ipv6 as contrarie to the previous one this is a very good quality route so in some instances it can significantly provide a better connectivity. definitively worth checking and report your millage specially as, though I don't feel like dealing with that at the moment, that (ipv4 counterpart) route is also intended to replace the current (ipv4) alternative routes at some point in time.

that's it by now, like I said, I believe that this final step now should completely finish the (main) servers ipv6 connectivity then all that is left is to test it out over the time and let me know if someone experience some issues.