UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

UnFreeZe1 banned from gametracker

Post by adminless »

https://www.gametracker.com/forums/foru ... post412768

well there you have it once again that there evidence (among other reasons) why I said the situation clearly called for a separate site (I was really expecting something like that to happen at some time or another), the UnFreeZe1 server page has been banned there by them without any explanation, most likely I guess they didn't "like" (they would have carelessly "thought" they were illegal or whatever) the links in the servers detail tab but the truth is that so far that's just a guess because no explanation and/or warning has been given whats ever evidencing once more why the policy of doesn't rely in third parties in this kind of projects in the long is the way to go.

I've already opened a complain there (see the link above) because I understand this to be very unfair for you the guys who actually used their site so we'll see how this go so far obviously I'll stop using that site (as i already had done) and in the middle term (next year) I'll be looking forward to finally build a own unfreeze.xyz website (not just the forum as it was my initial intention), at the moment of course that's not a option in the short term (there's still bugs an a pending release).

at the moment to have some quick web lookups of what's going at the server you can check it out at quakeservers.net instead, I've just updated the dns's:

UnFreeZe1: https://master.fpsclasico.de
UnFreeZe2: https://master.fpsclasico.de

they doesn't have basic player stats/history but hey at least they work and they are far faster.

that's all for now, luckily we got this running in time :D see you guys
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: UnFreeZe1 banned from gametracker

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hi,

well what a shame...the ranking system motivated me so much to go and play :-D but still quite stupid they deleted it without prior warnings...stupid gametracker :-D

best regards,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well what can I say, I just said there, I know, if it was because of the links (that I don't know but let's guess it was) just plain arbitrary, awful management you know, keep in mind that the servers detail tab there was the same as UnFreeZe2 (well and the whole thing is the same so) but UnFreeZe2 hasn't been banned, you know, and you can still check it I haven't changed it, the Quake 3 point release patch is not illegal to share and I obviously have the right to distribute my own files (which are open source free GPL files btw), they don't like it or whatever, it's ok, their site their rules (don't like it, build your own you know ;) ), but at least they could make a notice or something, plain arbitrary. so long story short I believe that now you can see why I moved this from there and what I meant ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

server back at gametracker (they unbanned it this evening) unfortunately there's just one caveat but it's a very sad, disappointing and huge one, all the stats that you worked so hard to build there are gone. I already filled a complain and request about that there but I'm not being optimist here, the most probable is they won't get back. furthermore is upsetting that they just banned/unbanned a server and gave no reason whatsoever proving them really "arbitrary" (in addition note that server were there like that for more than a year already) and overall just setting the events for this to happen again in the future. well, anyways, so far to stay on the safe side by now I won't add anything in the server detail section and I'll keep you updated in case of further events so far it doesn't feel like waste anymore talking with this when there's business to do.

see you guys