UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

server lost power

Post by adminless »

hello

just reporting that apparently today Thursday 28 of October of 2021 at around 16:00 CEST server lost connectivity apparently due some provider maintenance jobs. I conducted a quick check up now and everything seems in place although I'll investigate further and I'll conduct further check ups. massive apologizes for the inconvenience.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: server lost power

Post by adminless »

after further investigation I think everything should be ok now, apparently the incident was caused a power loss on some of the provider systems.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw following this provider notified today that important maintenance works, updates and upgrades for the energy systems (power supplies, wires, plugs, emergency units etc etc) are planned for tomorrow morning first locally and then afterwards for the whole data center the Saturday the whole day that obviously can lead to downtime.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just reporting here another temporal server power loss now today around 20:50 CEST that recovered around 21:00 CEST. already reported/complained to the company. sorry for the inconvenience.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

provider reported this morning that the power loss was due a faulty rack PDU that has already been replaced. I believe that should settle this by now then.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just reporting again that same recurrent (provider) power incident happened today 21 of August of 2022 at around 18:00 CEST (UTC+02). hopefully now at the time of writing (2.5 plus hours later) power seems fully restored and server operational again. huge apologizes for the down time and I'll consider further steps following this. thank you for your patience and understanding.
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

I was in "oh shit" mode.. Thought we lost you.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

nah matter of facts, I was actually maintaining this today as it went down and got screwed. as long as people continue to fund this I don't plan on canceling it any time soon.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

provider responsible reached out now with a entire new UPS overhaul so I guess that should settle this by now once again and hopefully for the long run as well.
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

Cool.. Thanks again for all you do!
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

adminless wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 21:35 nah matter of facts, I was actually maintaining this today as it went down and got screwed. as long as people continue to fund this I don't plan on canceling it any time soon.
Hi Adminless

people read your welcome message in the game chat about donations every time they connect but few of them are interested in it for lack of concrete and precise information I think.

I know it's possible for anyone to estimate this by doing some calculations with topic New fpsclassico 2021 Servers and topic fpsclasico funds received announcement, but I think it would be clearer to everyone, than playing on fps classico servers at a cost and that it is necessary to participate by giving a few euros from time to time to balance the accounts, so that these servers continue to live for a long time...

so I think it would be good for you to present a kind of semi-annual accounting balance which will allow you to take stock of the finances of fps classico so that the players of the fps classico community are better aware of the importance of their donations even minimal compared to operating costs (providers) and materials.

I imagine that you have already paid a lot out of your pocket to finance fps classico and that you continue to do so and I think that a little additional financial support would be welcome

a big thank you for all you do for fps classico and its community :thumbup: :clap:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

not really. obviously on the early years (both this as well as the previous run of servers/community I had back in the day) I was basically paying for all just by myself and I was spending somewhere between 20-30 Euros/month depending on the circumstances which is about the max I'm comfortable/willing to spend just like this. although it might look like a modest budget over the years it stacks into four figures for example. hopefully these last years in one way or another the funds more or less meet the ends and for other than a few extra bucks here and there mostly for testing/spare services I didn't really need to spend any more money myself. currently it's more of a personal (involvement) cost than a monetary one for me. that being said, however, as can be seen from the links you posted as a gross estimation I can tell you that the funding/money has started to run low as usual during this season of the year. that's why at the current costs it's very important that people keep the funding up otherwise the offset between budget and cost clearly becomes too large to maintain this level and quality of service.