adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Quake III Arena UnFreeZe Client 2020.5 edition

Post by adminless »

easy:
  1. download ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip
  2. extract (unzip) somewhere else (your desktop for example)
  3. enter the extracted ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5 folder
  4. only copy your original pak0.pk3 inside the baseq3 you have at that route
  5. double click on of the ioq3v6 binaries there
  6. report back to me for results and more help/further instructions
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 19:57 easy:
  1. download ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip
  2. extract (unzip) somewhere else (your desktop for example)
  3. enter the extracted ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5 folder
  4. only copy your original pak0.pk3 inside the baseq3 you have at that route
  5. double click on of the ioq3v6 binaries there
  6. report back to me for results and more help/further instructions
ok will do, i assume you mean copy pak0.pk3 file from my orogial quake 3 to the client?
Last edited by PacMan on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, rare enough you using a browser that doesn't support ftp, try this link instead ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

ok dude i deleted quake completely seemed only way

installed quake 3 from original cd
installed 1.32b
installed your ufreeze client
copied the pak3 file to ufreeze client
chose intel start

and now its corrected the LG and also corrected the unclean client message

i will say this , the graphics is now like 10x the speed it was , like super fast , enemy green with pink grenade heads i like that lol, so i am running ufreeze from its own folder

only issue i had was obvioulsy any binds i had , i have to do them again

can you point me in direction of the v_say commands please , they can be amusing when ziggy is about lol refuses to thaw me with audio haha
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, awesome then, that's what I was talking about, thanks for report that doing a clean install as suggested fixed all your issues. as for the voice commands I remember I already talked about the once here. check that link out, hope that helps.
KlarDerAbsahner
User lv3
User lv3

Post by KlarDerAbsahner »

Hey!
I would like to import the settings from other game install to the new 2020.5 edition.
I copied the q3config.cfg, but the settings are still the default ones...
What do i need to do?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hi

the recommended procedure is just rebuild your cfg as some variables/behavior can change across versions/installations and for the most part people should only need a handful of commands to get it to his liking. that's always lot of easy than later having to figure out what was wrong across hundred of variables. that being said, if you still feel giving a try to the whole thing you have two options. if you already dropped a q3config.cfg there (inside the unfreeze folder) you can probably just do "\exec q3config" and it should work (for the most part, understanding that there's likely stuff that isn't gonna exist and/or it's gonna work differently). if not, you can just drop at the unfreeze folder your current q3config.cfg renamed as ufconfig-2005.cfg (something if necessary, ex. ufconfig-legacy-2005.cfg) and then double click on your usual ioq3v6 build.

a much better, probably proper, alternative would be to simply create a separate cfg containing only the changes you made/need over the default ufconfig. that way it will stick from version to version (you'll just to exec that cfg when upgrading) and it would be lot of easy to manage.
KlarDerAbsahner
User lv3
User lv3

Post by KlarDerAbsahner »

thanks, it worked. Great!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw guys just letting you know that in the last days I updated the current official provided package, ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip, with the replacement of the extra map oxodm1 by ts_dm5tmp as it had been requested and found a much better fit for the client/game. being just a minimal change of a extra map potentially for a extra server (that it's not even running anymore) while all the rest is exactly the same, I don't think that pushing a new client version/package and going through all the mess of having to update everything again makes any sense, then I just updated the current package "as-is" with this change. just as said, it's probably by no means any important that you sync your installation with this change asap though anyways is still recommended that you redownload the current provided client and replace your current installation with what comes out from the updated package. not that there's now any plans to run ts_dm5tmp at the servers at all but I think that it's good to have the client up to date anyways and I feel like this now should finally complete the client map selection as oxodm1 was definitively a questionable choice and that's something that probably should have never took place.

in addition to reflect the changes with the glacius server that was replaced by spcaius (very successfully btw) and the fact that there's really no more plans to run custom maps as well as to help those with constrained connections/computers (i.e. portable connections/devices, ex. a 4g netbook), I also pushed a new mini-client package now, ioq3v6-unfreeze-mini-client-v20.5.zip, with only the necessary needed stuff to save you up precious connection/storage space. the recommended client will still remain the "full" (big) one and despite that I won't remove the custom maps from it as I believe that even if later they aren't going to be played at the online servers they still add up lot of fun to the game even if only played locally and I don't even entirely discard that I might bring back glacius for a meeting session occasionally here and there so it's still always important that people download the whole thing whenever possible.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

:clap: Adminless thank you very much for the maintenance, the changes, the info and your new mini-client package :thumbup:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Thank you indeed :thumbup:

One thing I will say about the official client - and I'm sure this is my oversight - but it took me a while to realize/learn that by executing "hardcore" I get the so long desired bright colors I want. Until that point I've been trying my best to tweak it through the config but never got even close to the "hardcore" settings. Not related to the current update in any shape, just sharing... :angel:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok guys, just letting you know that today I pushed a update for this package, ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5a.zip for the full/recommended version as well as ioq3v6-unfreeze-mini-client-v20.5a.zip for the mini version, with a few patches for the issues that arose on the forum recently (a vsync crash on linux and a dpi scaling issue on windows) as well as other minor changes/fixes as they came out after this 2021 revision in addition to get the whole package done on the up-to-today fpsclasico mini-workstation. as there haven't really been any mayor/significant changes overall I still leave it a 20.5 version (i.e. I won't make a new 21.something version by now) though I'll still regard this as a new 2021 edition of the 20.5 version (i.e. a 20.5a version) because I believe overall there have been significant revisions since the original package as to spawn a different package. thus, in short, as usual when you have some spare time just download the whole thing again and give it a try "as-is" and let me know if I mess it up something or just anything else about it. so far I think that should be done for this season package revision.

anyways, in particular just as a means of history/logging for reference I think that basically this is what has been done since the last known package:
  • patched a linux vsync crash and a dpi scaling issue on windows
  • finally added support for two in-house master servers, masters.fpsclasico.de as well as master.fpsclasico.eu, to get the servers list just in case one breaks (as it happened when I changed the dns last season during the new server migration for example, totally unacceptable by any standard) as well as for improved latency/availability
  • entirely removed (not just disabled, removed, directly) altogether the auto-downloads code from the client due strong security reasons (I still had left it there "just in case", not anymore, the auto-download code is not even at the provided client anymore, too much of a risk)
  • imported some quakelive style mouse acceleration code (enable with cl_mouseAccelStyle 1 and control it with cl_mouseAccel and cl_mouseAccelOffset. cl_mouseAccelStyle 0 remains as default and as original vq3 mouse acceleration style)
  • added a new extra ctf map just in case, oasago2, as compiled from the original openarena sources (little known fact is that I built that asset like a couple of years ago in a effort to bring compatibility on the client for the fpsclasico openarena server, which runs that map 24/7, but unfortunately that didn't end up materializing and once I started with a proper Quake III Arena ctf clasico server I ended up by dropping that idea entirely. anyways as I had at least build that map for q3, I add it to the package now anyways. imo a great a addition to have for some ctf fest or something)
  • other few minor patches/fixes as well as build the whole thing on the up-to-today in-house fpsclasico mini-workstation
  • built a new linux debug binary, ioq3v6-debug (not included on the packages), just in case someone experience some crash and wanna debug it and provide some backtrace (that should generally be the most "useful"/needed, if someone else need a debug build for any of the other files just let me know, though probably the debug process in windows is lot more complicated than just typing a command. anyways just saying)
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Admin dude is there a way to toggle off.chat.? So I can not see.it., my viper wtf commander keeps telling to focus lol

So does that work in the client?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure "\cg_teamchatsonly 1" will disable the regular chat (though will still allow teamchat).
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

hi Adminless

I just installed and tested the ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5a on my Windows 10

I had the answer unknow cmd for cl_mouseAccelStyle and cl_mouseAccelOffset only cl_mouseAccel is accepted in the console

otherwise I would really like you to activate by default cg_drawTeamOverlay on "1" I'm tired of seeing lost players not knowing where to go to help their teammates and not knowing how many of them are still alive, the players who do not wish to use teamoverlay can always deactivate it, thank you in advance
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"