Improving Unfreeze

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Improving Unfreeze

Post by tar »

As I am sometimes really fed up with permanently getting zerg-camped and other issues here is my recommendation to improve the mod, perhaps trying it out on a new Unfreeze3?

1) Respawn Hell

There are just three outcomes regarding respawning:

a) You are respawned near or even next to most of your mates which of course also applies to the opposing team and most often lead to a sudden death after winning a round when you are suddenly surrounded by most of the respawned opponents (which happens way too often to me, imho).

b) You are the only one respawning in the midst of your enemies. This happens regularly when you just lost the round.

c) You get thawed and respawn on the other side of the map. Sometimes this is good, sometimes not.

The result of a) and b) is utter crap as it leads to a permanent zerg camping/moving behaviour with a lot of spam where everybody blocks or interrupts each other of his own team and each group tries to hold one particular side of the map (most often where the red armor is). It resembles CTF tactics. In order to get rid of this I suggest to start a clean new round with a 1 second down time where everybody is randomly respawned anywhere in the map in order to achieve a more balanced initial position. Furthermore this would solve the (seldomly) issue of beginning a new round frozen when you are getting killed from a shot from the last round some milliseconds after the new round begins. I guess, the item counter should not be resetted - but that should be tested out.

2) Getting punished for being too good

If you are one of the top players of a map, the balance algorithm allocates weaker players to your team and stronger players to the opponent team for the next map. Sometimes this also happens inbetween while playing a map if one team is constantly losing. That, of course, makes it harder for good player to win, which is the reason the algorithm has been implemented.

The downside is that the balance algorithm only affects you if you play one or two maps as the algorithm first needs feedback of your strength. Hereof, I witnessed that some players only play one or two maps or just pause one or two maps inbetween as spectator before they join the game again. While I usually play continuously for several hours, I suffer a huge disadvantage by this balancing like it is implemented now. Therefore I suggest either to use the statistics from here (which would be not so simple, I guess) for balancing teams or - what I would prefer - balance the teams each new round which would also fit to my suggestion on 1).

Statistical side info: Not long ago, I was very good and got many frags over the enemy team which was mostly zerging or camping around. Then suddenly I got re-allocated and not only my stats were ruined but the overall playing experience as it was really frustrating for me playing with such cowards.

3) Pingely pong

As already discussed, only players with a ping of < 100 ms should be allowed to join the server as they seem to use too much capacity and all other players have noticeable connection issues. Furthermore, the unlagged bug of hitting nearly all rails or hitting rails around corners cannot be exploited anymore. I am aware of the fact that this is a serious decision and perhaps it should be considered implementing a soft ping limit depending on the average ping of all players already playing on the server so that high pingers still could play with/against each other.

4) Fasten your seatbelts

This is a short one. Perhaps a CPMA (pro mode) movement variant could enhance the unfreeze experience and if implemented, other and larger maps should be used as well as more rocket ammo ;)

That are my ideas, so far. What do you think?
newb.zi (stats · system)
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Re: Improving Unfreeze

Post by your_sister »

Hi Tar,

I know you are suggesting to admin, but like to give my opinion. I guess it good to have some more opinions in too.

I agree with 1, 3 and 4. I would love bigger and other maps and really dislike currrent spawning. Next rounds are very predictable and only exceptional teamplay or individual kills can turn the odds. It takes then several rounds to turn it around. The switches also disrupts teamplay.
The camping around certain area will always be, but is currently kind of forced by spawning and yes always around the same boring area's. And some are really good at this camping shit.

But I think that 2 is irrelevant. As it is/should be not about ur individual score, but about teamplay. Also the top player doesn't get switched, it is always number 2, correct? Which is typically not the guy going for individual results, but the one playing for the team. This is based on my observations only....

YS
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hey hello guys

well long story short here as for one and two I believe it was actually the hell of a job to get the things going as they do and sure while I totally agree that they are far from perfect I think they're reasonably good and reasonably close to a optimum solution and like I said many other times overall they're never going to be anyways there's are always going to be good and bad things about them as I'll elaborate a bit now.

the thing about the respawns is that as sis pointed maps aren't that big enough as to always spawn "alone" because as hard as it seems you actually already spawn in some of the less populated/optimum spawn points (the rest could be even more populated or busy at that moment or just right before, imagine what if you spawned and then some msecs after you get shot from behind from someone who just spawned after you, just to point a example) and the system has to be "random" enough as to doesn't be too predictable, do it more static (i.e. more strict) in the long run would just lead that people end up knowing almost precisely where the enemies are going to spawn and therefor spawn raping them/assaulting the spawns yet even more which is what happened in the early versions of the game and it was the reason why some randomness was added. as for add some sort of delay here to give the things to stabilize after a round sure that could help but it would slow down the game and it would totally kill the pace of the game and basically it would just turn the game into something else different that wouldn't be this. as for team tactics/maps domination tactics/strategies like I said other times, you may be a fan of them or not but I believe they always have been a part of Quake III Arena and I believe that the idea with this game mod in particular (not with others, i.e. Rocket Arena 3) is not only limited to see who can kill the most and nothing more if not to have a blend of things and options so ends up having more than simply that (that most likely will always yield the same result or very similar, i.e. boring/not challenging in the long run) in the game. so bottom line here, I'm not trying to take down your point here (not at least completely I mean), like I said I agree with you that some things can definitively be improved and sure that from time to time I'll be looking into them as I maintain the servers but overall this is not a priority and don't expect any "revolutionary" changes beside just that slight adjustments here and there, like I started saying, I believe that the things are reasonable good and fun as they already are.

the thing with the balancing is pretty straight forward everybody wants a balanced game, which since this is a top public server where people comes and leaves and they do it often in fact requires to changes teams, ok, yet nobody wants to change or be changed everybody wants "somebody" else to be changed but them well the problem here is that somebody has to be changed. so first, initially a team balancing shouldn't even be necessary since people should arrange themselves and by the way that's in reality the only real "perfect" solution here (any other thing will just be a attempt to come realistic close to that) however this not even close to reality, server gave that opportunity to the people for various months when it wasn't that big and overall the people response at it was laughing at best, it's more than a well proven fact already that the people are a source of imbalance themselves rather than the other way around, and also as the server grew up and literally has dozens of connections/disconnections per game in a consistent basis is not even reasonable to expect that the people adjust themselves for this changes either so some sort or another of auto balancing from the server is required to handle this. basically considering all this the current auto balancing strives at providing the best compromise between player invasivity (i.e. number of changes and their relevance) and results (i.e. actual balancing) rather than just blindly going for the results, I could be much more aggressive with the current balancing code if I would like and keep all the games balanced at a near "shot" level however as explained this would be very detrimental to the player experience and at the end as someone pointed at the server (doesn't exactly remember the quote) it would be also really bad to create a game that is impossible to dominate at times at all and were every single time you play it would be a endless 10-9 were end up winning or not would just be a matter of "randomness". as for using a external database for it sure it could help but it would also introduce other problems too, people would start fake nicking yet even more and if things go the wrong way it would take much more time to auto correct itself not to mention that most people isn't always up to play at their best every single time they do just to put a couple of examples. and yes I'm aware of people spectating trying to find a moment to "break" the balancing (most notably nastia used to do it) yet I believe that as you could have already noticed with limited success since as sis is pointing out "newcomers" generally have higher chances of getting moved so while they may "success" some it won't take too long until the balance trigger itself again and they get moved back themselves or simply the things get sorted (and I believe that in the long run they will get to understand this and simply stop doing it as it happened with nastia). then the bottom line here is same as above I think that there's no need to repeat it yet another time more.

as for three yes I agree with you yes unfortunately most of this people doesn't really add anything to the game at best (the only know regular high ping ranked player, to whom I express my deepest sympathy because of this, sorry about this, was just second from the bottom of the rank after thousands of games with no signs of improvement at all and the rest were random players if not that they got banned at some point or another for different reasons) and mostly end up causing an unnecessary stress to the server (let's clearly remark not that the server is by any means "stressed", not even by 50%) and to me (even more people to unnecessarily watch/moderate) and overall give a bad impression of the server and even of the own game, Quake III Arena. then after I came to realize all this during this week working first hand on the main events that has been taking place lately here as we speak I already region locked the server like the past tuesday or so I think so now specifically the server is no longer accessible from the south america and some caribbean countries and the asian and pacific regions (as well as most notable gsm networks that were also already added like the past christmas). I'm not a fan of ping cutting the server for several reasons (ex: over the years is very likely to be occasional problems here and there that could get you out of target) so as with all this while this solution is by no means perfect I believe that in the last days you could have noticed that even if high pingers haven't completely disappear all together the overall players network quality (which I believe that is the important factor here rather than just the ping) have improved dramatically and high pingers have become less frequent so I don't feel that there's much need to filter here yet even more by now, the server is currently locked to the whole european (this include the middle east) and american (toronto/new york ping is like 90 btw which seems pretty solid for the case being) region and the server is still available in africa (north africa, ex: egypt, is ok too) but as always if in the long run there's problems (there's almost no players from there and the ones that were got banned anyways mostly due non-sense/technical issues) that's very likely to be restricted too, therefor this should be reasonably good by now.

finally as for four yes I also agree on that one it's true that it may end up adding up some problems but in fact since we last worked on the unfreeze client game mod and cleaned up the aim physics it seemed the way to go to keep the game less "trivial" (i.e. entreating) so it has been already planned to be added at some point since then and that's moderately "high" on my priorities. unfortunately the problem here is as you know time, prior getting there there's plenty of things to do before, like fixing up those picmip artifacts (fixed already by monday btw but couldn't release it yet because when I was testing them I had to stop to take care of the issues that were taking place at the server as they were happening etc) or some time taking stats at the rank for example not to mentioned many other things, then since I can not control what will take place or not and therefor what will affect in what I have to spend the time I can not give you a particular time here but I'm looking forward bringing those things here let's say somewhere in this winter/half of the year.

anyways even so I still feel that even with still some things left to do (which there's always going to be anyways, no matter what) these are by far but by a huge margin the very best servers I've ever produced so far already and I really mean it.

well it finally took me a long time to reply this hehe so that's it by now, thanks for the important feedback, take care guys.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

adminless wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 17:20the thing about the respawns is that as sis pointed maps aren't that big enough as to always spawn "alone" because as hard as it seems you actually already spawn in some of the less populated/optimum spawn points (the rest could be even more populated or busy at that moment or just right before, imagine what if you spawned and then some msecs after you get shot from behind from someone who just spawned after you, just to point a example) and the system has to be "random" enough as to doesn't be too predictable, do it more static (i.e. more strict) in the long run would just lead that people end up knowing almost precisely where the enemies are going to spawn and therefor spawn raping them/assaulting the spawns yet even more which is what happened in the early versions of the game and it was the reason why some randomness was added. as for add some sort of delay here to give the things to stabilize after a round sure that could help but it would slow down the game and it would totally kill the pace of the game and basically it would just turn the game into something else different that wouldn't be this. as for team tactics/maps domination tactics/strategies like I said other times, you may be a fan of them or not but I believe they always have been a part of Quake III Arena and I believe that the idea with this game mod in particular (not with others, i.e. Rocket Arena 3) is not only limited to see who can kill the most and nothing more if not to have a blend of things and options so ends up having more than simply that (that most likely will always yield the same result or very similar, i.e. boring/not challenging in the long run) in the game. so bottom line here, I'm not trying to take down your point here (not at least completely I mean), like I said I agree with you that some things can definitively be improved and sure that from time to time I'll be looking into them as I maintain the servers but overall this is not a priority and don't expect any "revolutionary" changes beside just that slight adjustments here and there, like I started saying, I believe that the things are reasonable good and fun as they already are.
I am really fed up with the respawn settings as regularly around 30% of my deaths occur due to that shitty settings. It is ridiculous when 3 to 8 opponents spawn on the same spot or all around you and leave you no chance escaping. Keep in mind: you just have ended a fight and therefore the initial situation for the new round is already imbalanced. This issue has Z... (can't remember his name) always mentioned and therefore often killed himself just before a new round began. But apart from that, these respawn settings prevent me from playing like I want to and interrupt the game flow. I do not want to hide and move with a pack. On the contrary, mostly I hate it when I have mates around. They either block me, shoot me into the opponents, hit me generally (which is always in the wrong moment) or are spamming and therefore interrupting my tactical moving behaviour (e.g. they spam grenades around the corner and I cannot move like I want to as this grenades would blow me to another direction) so that I have to wait or move back. From this perspective I do not see any advantage of forcing this team packing and I recognize a change of team behaviour after 5-7 rounds into that zerging. It is unreasonable to even try to fight alone through the map as nearly always there is a pack of opponents you just walk into without a real chance killing them all by tactical movement. Instead, you also have to hide within a pack of your team. Otherwise you end up beginning every 3rd round just getting randomly killed (no matter what you do, there is no exit route available as you are surrounded by a fresh respawned pack) and waiting for 1-2 minutes to be respawned or until the round ends which is "a fantastic playing experience".
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

tar wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:36 It is ridiculous
:-))))
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

tar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:11
1) Respawn Hell

2) Getting punished for being too good

3) Pingely pong

4) Fasten your seatbelts
1) It is either good luck or it is bad luck. I think it is OK overall. I think it is still a public server therefore some "randomness" is not too bad especially when the better players suffer a bit. It makes it more fun for less skilled player who have a harder time anyways.

2) I think the balancing works pretty well. When people connect or disconnect it has to readjust - that is true but it works pretty well and quickly in my opinion. Even when I dominate (looking at personal stats only) my team loses just because balancing works - I think that is good and keeps me and other players motivated. of course, when players connect or disconnect the balance might be a bit off but hey it is still a public server and not clanwar/ tournament/ whatever. the methodology basically works very well, people should be free to (dis)connect in the game when they feel it is neccessary for whatever reason.

3) I do not have an opinion on that one. I barely noticed players warping. Just because a player has a high ping does not lead to a connection that is unstable. A year ago my ping was better but I sometimes had packetloss. Now I play with +10ms but no packetloss whatsoever - I believe I am easier to hit now.

4) If you start implementing promode physics you have to change the weapon characteristics as well. Newbies will have a harder time and we need a more suiting map pack (custom maps!). I strongly believe if promode is implemented the server will be dead in no time. I know I would quit quickly. Q3 is not always Q3 - promode makes a completely different game.

Just my opinion.

best regards,
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

for the most part I understand your criticism tar and is even probably to some point right however what I don't really have that much clear is what you propose instead? after all this is just some sort of "team survival domination" mode, not last man standing. didn't explicitly documented it at its time but I believe that you could have noticed already, some time ago (following this thread) I added a few frames of spawn protection to prevent you at least from starting kinda (half) "death" and to prevent brainless spawn spam which should alleviate that a bit at least. also keep in mind that you have 20 seconds to respawn so you don't need to respawn immediately every time, you can give it a few moments for the initial mess to pass and then spawn, that probably will give you a strategic advantage and a more fair initial position in the game. besides that, to be honest with you that's more or less (depending on the skill of course since as I see to me a big part of your blame is on the players themselves rather than in the game itself I believe) how the game is supposed to be played not as some sort of "lone wolf".

yes fer I see that you read the messages I put on your thread and you understood them right so good points there. as for the cpm try out also agree on that one, initially I had the intention to give it at least a try but yes as I started to work on that and I started trying it and so, I'm not so sure either about it, in fact I'm starting to believe that probably is not gonna happen and it wouldn't even be that good. know that I do not have to implement the full cpm ruleset I can add only the features I want, and that's the first problem, I ended up understanding that probably it would be better to add everything in the "book" or doesn't add anything at all as a middle term thing probably would end up being neither cpm nor vq3 which therefor would confuse most players which is definitively something we don't want. I feel like you put it well on your message, cpm seems "broken" to me, in short it simply seems to favor the best players at the expense of making the game more "complex"/"harder" for the average players (i.e. most people) which is once again the opposite of what I aim at here and also consequently to really benefit from cpm we would require cpm maps which are out of reach as well as require the mod/cpm to guarantee a sane quality (it would make most q3 mods, particularly osp, virtually unplayable) and even overall if I didn't talk the subject with many people by the usual reviewing of the server I got the impression that "most" (at least many) people isn't even interested either (like you for example) and that in fact several people is here precisely for that, the old school traditional vq3 settings, so it's not easy topic, as of now, at this time on the project, almost 2 years after and currently consolidated and well defined, I don't think it's worth it. perhaps I can throw some stuff like that on UnFreeZe2 or start a spin off or something like that as the "main event", I don't think that is gonna to happen, yes, is probably going to be better to leave it as is.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

however what I don't really have that much clear is what you propose instead?
As I said I avoid running with mates and therefore am most often on the zerg respawn location while my team is on the other side of the map. While fighting 1-2 opponents almost everytime a 3rd or 4th opponent appears next or behind me and that's it - because I am in the middle of the respawn hive. So instead I have to stay with the crowd and zerg. Thats bullshit.

There are several options available:

1) Really random respawns on new rounds. The players should be mixed throughout the map instead of CTF-like respawns with 1-2 players respawning in the hive of the opponent team. I have nothing against 2 players who always seem to hold hands when they play but constantly zerging is just boring.

2) When someone unfreezes a teammate this mate should respawn in the next nearest respawn spot instead of randomly getting respawned (on the other side of the map).

3) If the respawned players cannot be damaged for like 2-3 seconds then their shots should also do no damage to opponents (but they should be able to use rockets for escaping) for the same amount of time as it is a joke getting randomly killed because someone respawns on the next round right next to you and just fires - without any possibilty escaping or any hindsight before that this spot could be dangerous. This amount of time could be adjusted to around 5 for the beginning of a new round (because to escape from some respawn locations 3 seconds are not sufficient) and 1-3 seconds within the match (as you fastly need to prevent your opponents from unfreezing).

4) The fresh restart I mentioned before. I understand that this would interrupt the gameplay too much and I guess, this would become too boring.
also keep in mind that you have 20 seconds to respawn so you don't need to respawn immediately every time, you can give it a few moments for the initial mess to pass and then spawn, that probably will give you a strategic advantage and a more fair initial position in the game.
I never understood why the respawns dont work automatically. What I experienced from this choice of moment: 3 to 4 players respawning on the exactly same spot. Nice one!
besides that, to be honest with you that's more or less (depending on the skill of course since as I see to me a big part of your blame is on the players themselves rather than in the game itself I believe) how the game is supposed to be played not as some sort of "lone wolf".
When your mates are constantly hamping your gameplay then you have to act like a "lone wolf", of course.
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey hello

well, this time I disagree with you and I believe that probably various of the points you propose are a step backwards or are simply wrong, for the following reasons:

1) that's how it was (or almost) before changing them (i.e. how it's on the original game) and it was changed for a very real reason (I may be wrong, as I'm not gonna dig it up now, but I believe that may be even you called for that to be changed in the first place, nevertheless if you didn't also, I can tell that "everybody" called for something to be done about it), total "random" (like said, or almost) spawns leads to real bad spawns (i.e. spawning in the middle of the enemy) a very large number of times and lead to a "crazy"/"unpredictable"/"unbalanced" game overall (sure, they doesn't think, they are random). like I'm telling you that's a proven fact as server initially ran like that. anyways like I said sure the "new" (they have already been running for quite some time already) as you're pointing aren't perfect either but nevertheless they make definitively a improvement.

2) that happens often, it's not some sort of "rule" as it has to happen every time but I believe that most of the times you unfreeze someone this guy spawn in some location close to you. like I explained other times it's also a bad idea to make the spawns too predictable (i.e. in this case fixed) as that leads to high spawn kills issues.

3) the added spawn protection is just of a few tenths of seconds (i.e. the average human+equipment response time) not of seconds, it's not any higher precisely for the very same reasons you're pointing out, one way or another any higher values than that would do more harm to the gameplay than benefit it overall. as explained the only intention of the added spawn protection is to guard you from spawn on top of a granade/lost missiles/background damage/brain death spawn killers and stuff like that when your brain didn't even have time to know what happened (let alone to defend yourself) and in general it has been another improvement.

4) that's right, basically.

damn, that was a unlucky one hehe well the reason any veteran deathmatch player would give you for that (not me) is item timing, spawning some seconds before of later can make the difference between dominating the map resources (ex. the red armor/mega health/ammo) or not and besides that even so have 20 players spawn at the very same time every single time would be utmost garbage, I mean, some perhaps are not even looking at the screen on that moment, so in short, to spawn you have to press a button (until some point of course to avoid dummies/exploits), the game cannot just spawn for you.

yes, I understand but as I believe that you can understand too, the game is obviously going to favor teamplay over "single player" a-like styles, and once again I believe that this overall has been a step forward and it helped make the game more balanced/entertaining overall. as I said (and you seem to confirm) I feel that most of your criticism is towards your teammates/rest of the players than the game/ruleset itself which for the most part seems good, unfortunately as you may guess there's nothing I can do about that.
Zealot
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Zealot »

adminless wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 17:20
as for add some sort of delay here to give the things to stabilize after a round sure that could help but it would slow down the game and it would totally kill the pace of the game and basically it would just turn the game into something else different that wouldn't be this.
What are you basing that off of? There's a reason there's a 3 second count down at the start of each round in QL Clan Arena. Because otherwise the outcome of the round is decided by the spawn algorithm. I realize these days attention spans are low, but 3 seconds per round is going to kill the pace of the game?!

As a few have said, it's not fun getting smashed by 5+ instantly spawned enemies. It's hard enough starting a round with a significant health/armor imbalance against 11 enemies that can basically one shot kill you using rocket launcher. (Feels like every map we're just going through the motions to get to 9-9 and fight the last round)

A 3 second timer....that's all we're asking for kind sir :thumbup:
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Fun gone.

After quite a number of complains about the respawn hell you decided not only to make it less random but to let the full pack respawn around the same spot which results in pack camping and pack unfreezing which is only good for hide-behind-mate-railers and absolute newbies which happen to land a spam frag (you even enforced that with the eminently "innovative" reduced gren timer "to make it more competitive"- a mere joke). But most importantly and most frustrating this results in the instant death of the poor soul(s) that just happen to be there in that exact moment the new rounds begins without any warning.

To top that and beside items stealing, I now got continually blocked and interrupted in my movement by the "skilled team pack" that spams behind me and thereby constantly shoots on me expecting to get a lucky frag shot. Yep, lucky frag gren shots by either randomly jumping around and or running perm backwards is v e r y fun gameplay for an attacker.

Really, what is this? ? Is this what you always in mind? To reduce any single players competitiveness as much as possible? Then congrats: you succeeded and thereby destroyed what made this game stand above any mediocre frag fest.
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I understand but after hours and hours thinking about it, I couldn't find any other possible solution. let's see, there was mostly two things the players frequently complained about, the spawns and the team balance, so I finally leveled up both for this season. to make it short, both, the spawn system as well as the team balance system, followed a best compromise/balance strategy, they aimed at getting acceptable spawns/team balance while also allowing some variance/distribution in a acceptable amount of time (in the case of the team balance the later). now, yes, you're right, I switched the strategy to "best results" for both. so yes most of the randomness that eventually lead to some acceptable but non optimal spawns and that draw in many criticism was gone and now the spawn system always guarantees that you'll spawn either on the best possible spot or in the optimum spot as much as possible (there's still the possibility of spawning on a zone boundary on a overcrowded map but likely +90% of the time you won't and even so you'll likely have plenty of mates around you too).

then, yes, unfortunately, if you move on opposite direction as that of your teammates you're likely going to end up if not on the exact at least very near the spawn zone of the enemy team. I knew it back then, but like I started saying, even after think about it several hours I couldn't find any way, specifically any physical in-game location, that is far from a player that is on the opposite location of its team as well as the team he's opposing to spawn the enemy team. and the same can be the said about your teammates btw, I couldn't find any location to spawn team mates near two opposite places at the same time and even now I continue without finding any. think that if you're far from your team and someone happens to spawn far from you necessarily that means that player is gonna spawn near your team mates under most situations (ok there's still the possibility of forming triangles but most maps are lineal) which in the long run is just not acceptable. as you can see is impossible to meet both criteria so I had to chose between satisfying one condition or the other and I obviously chose the criteria that benefited the most people and to be honest I don't even that it's working that bad, I think the server keeps being fun. like I said at other post, as I see the rank and stats sites I still see the games balanced and in good condition and as for the grenades well at least I reduced the rank rewards for them now.

then unfortunately, I'm very sorry but there's really no much I can do for you, it's no longer acceptable to continue to run a server that doesn't guarantee optimal spawns/balance decisions at any given time so make sure I had this in mind and I'll still keep trying to find a better compromise but don't expect dramatic changes. I just don't know, all I could offer at this point would be to spawn a old school Rocket Arena 1.8 to see if that works any better.

anyways thank you very much for the feedback
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Ah, as Admin you don't know how to get rid of zerg respawn and reduced gren timer settings? Nice.

All I see is zerg spamming boringness. I either am not able to move as getting blocked & spammed by my mates who are forced to respawn next to me or I am not able to make any successful attack as there is always a pack waiting to spam on me.

What are my options?

Going backwards and spam back. Nice idiotic settings. I applaud you.
Attachments
20191031223106-freefun.fpsclasico.de-q3dm14.dm_68
(6.44 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I don't know, would you rather spawn in the middle of/near the enemy? the spawn system was changed to prevent just that, people always complained about that, you, yourself, I would have to dig to make sure but I'm almost sure that complained about that here too. the only physical in-game locations I found that guarantee that you won't have enemies around you are those. sorry about that.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw I just watched your demo now wtf that was some really fuck up shit, fucking team of spammers, that was not what I had in mind with the grenade change, that was terrible sorry about that. what I had in mind was zealous triple air grenade kills followed by vicious rocket switches and grenade jumps not that mess :S ok, I think that by now I'm probably going for the aimer suggestion of cutting the grenades to 10 and remove them altogether from the maps and then let me know if it improved something the situation. two and a half in the morning I can't think of anything better.