display issue

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: display issue

Post by adminless »

ok, then I guess there must some incompatibility/bug somewhere, I'm sorry for that. I'd still suggest to try installing latest intel graphic drivers if you haven't already anyways. if that doesn't make it, may be you can try setting too r_displayrefresh 60 and see if that way it sets your display properly. what puzzles me more is that 1280x720 worked, btw just to know, 1920x1080 (r_mode 17) works too?
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

try installing latest intel graphic drivers if you haven't already anyways
Done. Didn`t help.

r 17 didn`t work also.
See you tomorow ☺

I think, I will use old exe

Thanx a lot for help ☺
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np and thanks for test this out. ok, as I said, I guess there must some kind of incompatibility/bug with your particular system, sorry about that. btw, I just have two last things I would like you to test too if possible. first I measured scales/proportions on your screens and from that I inferred that very likely the 1600x1000 resolution should draw properly there. I would appreciate if you could do from clean/stock installation r_customwidth 1600, r_customheight 1000, r_mode -1, vid_restart and let me know if that finally gets draw properly (fullscreen). additionally as far as I could see on some intel docs you can also try to run the executable on old windows compatibility mode, like windows xp sp3 or similar (right click on it and then properties then chose compatibility), and let me know if at least that way it worked properly. sorry for the inconvenience.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

r_customwidth 1600, r_customheight 1000, r_mode -1, vid_restart
compatibility mode, like windows xp sp3

Result wrong:
Attachments
1.jpg
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

I seek in google:
The problem sounds similar to the one described in a recent thread. I will repost what I have written there:

One common way to fix such problems is to do the following:
1. Navigate to your Quake Live folder (Steam\steamapps\common\Quake Live\)
2. Right-click the "quakelive_steam.exe" flie and select "properties"
3. Go to the "compatibility" tab
4. Check the "Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings" box

Let us know if that helped.
And check this box:
1.jpg
It worked. When Q3 download map, I got normal 1920x1200. But When I in Q3 setting, I see about 1600x1200.

But I still can`t use this exe, cose I need alt+tab. When I frozen, I read Trump`s twiter.

Upgrade: I cant see from portal!!!
Last edited by 9ll Belarus on Sun Jan 10, 2021 0:40, edited 2 times in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, thank you for test that out too. unfortunately I believe that by now I'm probably not gonna be able to help you any further so your best options are either run the game at 720p (which apparently for some reason it does work) or run the game with another engine (i.e. with another quake executable) which both are sub-optimal solutions. other than, make sure that I'll take note of this and I'll try to dig it further in a effort to patch this on future versions. unfortunately as I mentioned earlier, I don't have any similar available hardware for testing that nor I've ever encounter that bug so far. the closest thing where I tested this was a old vista gen celeron 800p 16:10 laptop where it worked just fine. anyways in the meantime if I find something else I'll let you know here. additionally the requested condump output (i.e. do a \condump error.log command there and then attach here or send me that file if you prefer) could be of help. once again, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the provided client.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, as I mentioned earlier, the problem could be on your graphic card/drivers scaling, that definitely makes sense. give that a try as well as your graphic card driver settings on your control panel.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

You are here! ☺

How can I increase console font?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

thanks for the valuable feedback and I'm glad that you finally got the provided client working. yes those kind of graphic card drivers scaling options/settings is what I was talking about previously. as for the 1600x1200 on menu, if you mean that is squared (4:3, i.e. 1600x1200) instead of taking the whole screen, is because the provided client maintains the original 4:3 display ratio of the game, that's ok. on the current version of the mod the text size scales automatically depending on the resolution, so I guess that should be ok too. as for the alt+tab issue, I might look into that and may be come with a patch for that in a future version.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the portal thing is pretty easy, just set r_fastsky 0 on your client. is disabled by default on the client as is generally not even needed and the skies are annoying af.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

automatically depending on the resolution, so I guess that should be ok too
Unfortirnatly, I need more big font. Its hard to read for me, although I have small DPI in old monitor 1920x1200

Can you advise me cheap keyboard with left numpud?

Its last my question today :lol:

PS
Chat`s font in new engine bigger, than in my old version.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Glacius evenings - New Start

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Also. Why I cant download new pack, for example, pak8.pk3 by Q3 engine?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

this has also been discussed long here around the forum numerous times, in-game downloads are disabled altogether at the fpsclasico servers due strong security/quality of service issues and is also strongly advised that people never allow them in their clients either under any circumstances. it's not acceptable by late 2010's standards that any server setup any client installation, it's the clients sole responsibility and right to exclusively perform and ensure the integrity and functionality of such installations at all times.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Hi 9ll Belarus & Adminless

@ 9ll Belarus To find out your card or graphics chipset, go to Windows settings then system then display and at the bottom of the page click on Advanced display settings and finally click on Video card properties for display 1, a dialog box will open, remember to reduce the Parameters window to see it

For your problem of resolution with Quake3, I have a suggestion, start by making a backup of the q3config.cfg files that you want to keep then that you completely uninstall quake3 from your computer, not forgetting the config files that are hidden in different places on Windows 10 like C: \ Users \ YourName \ AppData \ Roaming \ Quake and / or Steam and elsewhere.

Also remove the unfreeze 20.5 package, clean the computer with Wipe https://privacyroot.com/apps/freeware/t ... -wipe-.php then clean the registry with Ccleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/ then do the *quake* and *q3* search on C: to verify that nothing remains ...

Do a restart of the computer then dezip the ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip package and place the folder directly on C: to have C: \ ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5 \ add the pak0.pk3 then choose the ioq3v6 file corresponding to your hardware then once the game has started you write /r_mode 16 in the console and thus you will be sure that your concern does not come from a conflict between your old Quake3 installations and the Unfreeze package

I allow myself to give you this advice because I myself had some config conflict issues during my first installation of the unfreeze package, I solved this by proceeding as I described above

Nothing prevents you then from reinstalling Quake3 in C:\Program Files(x86)\Quake III Arena while leaving the unfreeze pack where you place it, namely C:\ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5\ it works very well that way. If you need I can send you 2 torrent links for quake-3-arena-excessive-plus-osp-pc and Quake.3.Gold

Cheers
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Oh. I will learn English while I solve this problem :D