Autobalance - why are you so weird

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Autobalance - why are you so weird

Post by adminless »

@boones as I see it the spec ban worked and now they either finish the game (which sometimes can also happen to put them together provided there's a strong enough enemy) or simply quit and the games are therefor being reasonably balanced (10-9, 10-8, 10-9 and so on not 10-1, 10-2 etc). I'm not gonna actually ban them because of that, that now should be fine within the context of a public server. as for dm14 spawn points that would require further analysis since with so busy rooms almost any spawn point is important (otherwise you'd may end up with shitty/predictable/busy spawns). anyways whatever the case is void thaw time is just slightly above a minute not 2, 3 minutes so even on those instances most often than not you can spawn again fresh late on that round and avenge such a offense.
Boones
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Boones »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 15:22
Boones wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:09
WhoamI, Berkut and Porsche. They still keep abusing autobalance. Most probably they talk to each other during the game because you often have to play against 2 or all 3 of them at the same time. Can You also eliminate the respawn in BFG room on dm14? WhoamI enjoys shooting you with rail during respawns so that you end up in lava with no chances of avoiding it. Kinda annoying and pointless to wait 2-3 minutes for next round when it's not even your own fault. :yawn:
unfair criticism of wtf players in my opinion. as far as i know they have never used teamspeak. when they are in a team they just stick together and play defensively. that is completely legal and practised by most people in evening games. it annoys me as well sometimes especially when I want to play aggressively but I would not even consider that an exploit or similar. When WhoAmI shoots you with the rail when you respawn that is also part of the game. I understand that you are frustrated but things that frustrate you are part of the game. I think they are actually "real bugs" in the game that sometimes gets exploited (and adminless fixed quite some of them already). instead of going after specific players I would rather see adminless adjusting the game (e.g. removing the spawn or changing the random spawn logic).

my two cents,

toni
First of all I am not frustrated :lol: Second I don't pick on them. I dont even know them and have no real reason to dislike them. My only point is they (that is porsche , berkut and whoamI and not all wtf players) seem to always end up in the same team. That way it seems kinda "rigged" instead of just letting autobalance sort it out who's playing where. And even if they do use teamspeak or comunicate in some other way that's also ok for me as long as they don't try to abuse autobalance. And, as You can read it in earlier posts, they did abuse autobalance in the past.
As for the part about dm14 You should read more carefully what I wrote. I am only asking admin to consider eliminating, if possible, that respawn. I put there whoamI just as an example because he did it like 3 times to me already and not because I ask admin to sanction him for that. I ofcourse agree it's legal to shoot at respawns and I probably would do the same as he on those ocassions.
Boones
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Boones »

adminless wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 15:23 @boones as I see it the spec ban worked and now they either finish the game (which sometimes can also happen to put them together provided there's a strong enough enemy) or simply quit and the games are therefor being reasonably balanced (10-9, 10-8, 10-9 and so on not 10-1, 10-2 etc). I'm not gonna actually ban them because of that, that now should be fine within the context of a public server. as for dm14 spawn points that would require further analysis since with so busy rooms almost any spawn point is important (otherwise you'd may end up with shitty/predictable/busy spawns). anyways whatever the case is void thaw time is just slightly above a minute not 2, 3 minutes so even on those instances most often than not you can spawn again fresh late on that round and avenge such a offense.
I never asked You about banning them for that. I myself, when I was a ref on multiple servers, wouldn't even give a temp ban for that, not to mention a -1. I was thinking more of a reprimand for them or something like that. But if they stopped it like You suggest, then the case is closed and I apologize for the confussion.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Boones wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 21:10
adminless wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 15:23 @boones as I see it the spec ban worked and now they either finish the game (which sometimes can also happen to put them together provided there's a strong enough enemy) or simply quit and the games are therefor being reasonably balanced (10-9, 10-8, 10-9 and so on not 10-1, 10-2 etc). I'm not gonna actually ban them because of that, that now should be fine within the context of a public server. as for dm14 spawn points that would require further analysis since with so busy rooms almost any spawn point is important (otherwise you'd may end up with shitty/predictable/busy spawns). anyways whatever the case is void thaw time is just slightly above a minute not 2, 3 minutes so even on those instances most often than not you can spawn again fresh late on that round and avenge such a offense.
I never asked You about banning them for that. I myself, when I was a ref on multiple servers, wouldn't even give a temp ban for that, not to mention a -1. I was thinking more of a reprimand for them or something like that. But if they stopped it like You suggest, then the case is closed and I apologize for the confussion.
Boone's you play well , I think this is dealt with already

But I think, it's just you will have to put up with being on a weaker team when they are together , and you can't score as good

Happens like that , just saying lol
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

I get shot off that spawn point, Pisses me off. But it IS so damn funny to see. :I
I would not change a thing. These servers are full everyday, lets keep it that way.