new ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip package is out now, please get yourself a copy and update your installation for best and complete experience.

Frozen players harder to move

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Zealot
User lv3
User lv3

Frozen players harder to move

Post by Zealot »

A few of us have noticed frozen players are harder to move around with shotgun and rl. What changed? Now it's harder to breakup tight groupings of frozen enemies and also harder to thaw multiple friendlies at once.

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Frozen players harder to move

Post by adminless »

I don't know but at least I know that I changed nothing (this weekend I've been working mostly on the adminless.ovh machine, i.e. here, balancing, updating and deploying some services, in few words, stuff that is not even remotely related with UnFreeZe) so I guess that it will be just some random variable/stack corruption or some stuff like that therefor I don't expect that to last much longer, the daily automated maintenance should have took care of that I believe. anyways let me know if the problem persists.

kos
User lv2
User lv2

Post by kos »

Also notice frozen players are a bit more sticky and it occurred once for a teammate to get stuck between two frozen enemies and it took a bit of work to get him out.

Zealot
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Zealot »

It seems to have fixed itself!

alyeti
User lv3
User lv3

Post by alyeti »

Oddly this still occurs time to time , where you can't move anyone frozen but then it resets , as for getting stuck you need to walk round walls not through them lol

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I know, I remember last time I worked on some server code I let it to run for more than 48 hours straight with 64 bots looking for this issue and this didn't even happen once. in addition in the several hundred of hours I played/tested this never happened to me either so unfortunately under those circumstances there's no much I can do about it. anyways, that being said, I know this still happens from "time to time" and I understand that every time this takes place is heartbreaking but well it's really something like once a month or so and even so probably it doesn't happen for more than a couple of shots. not trying to underestimate this with that but overall looks like a minor issue probably not worth ("cost"/risk wise) digging any further.