Why can't I get my name to display in black?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Zealot
User lv3
User lv3

Why can't I get my name to display in black?

Post by Zealot »

So I joined UnFreeze2 to test something and then went to UnFreeze1 but it loaded some older cfg from my baseq3 folder rather than my usual cfg. After spending 20 minutes trying to fix everything that was overwritten, the only thing still broken is I can't get my name to display properly. It's color coded to be black (^^7^0Zealot) but only shows as all white. I can choose virtually any other name and make it black...except my own. Help?
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Why can't I get my name to display in black?

Post by tar »

did you try ^8?
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

^^0^0Zealot (notice the 0 after the two carets for black instead of 7 for white) I believe that that's the mistake there.
Zealot
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Zealot »

The displayed ^ should be white with black lettering so that's not it, thanks though.

I tested the same ^^7^0 with other nicknames and it turns the lettering black. Just not Zealot. Didn't you institute something a while back so players couldn't use other players' names? Am I getting hosed by that?

P.S. - And I tried 8.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

mmm that sounds to me more like you're trying to get some nick to display like on some third party mod, on the UnFreeZe client gamemod there's no support for "fancy" nicks and effects (like blinking, shadowing, fancy letters etc etc) just good old fashioned plain q3 nicks, perhaps that's the issue here because I just tested "^^0Zealot" (you can even omit the second ^0) and it printed in-game "as it's supposed to do" (^Zealot, the white caret can't almost be seen here though).